Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem exchanging data between two webdynpro apps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

following scenario:

One wd-project consists of two wd-applications and one component controller.

moreover there are two windows. each window consists one view.

The first application shows the first window (with its view). By pushing a button, the second application is started and its own window (with its own view) is shown in a new browser window.

The mysterious thing is: If I start the second application, I am getting data by the component controller (context mapping (from application1 view1 to application2 view2) Thats absolutely correct. But if I change the data in application2 view2 (in its view context) the data isn't updated in application1 view1.

Does anybody know, why the context mapping doesn't work reliable and how to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Your second view is in new browser window. The context data is updated but you should refresh the first view to see the changes. If you use browser refresh then the application is restarted. The solution could be either open the second window in same window and provide a back button or provide a refresh button in first window which refresh the context data.

Regards

Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abilash!

Could you please tell me how to realize this: "automatically refreshing the first view/window"?

Thank you very much!

Regards, Patrick.

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

You cannot force automatic refresh in First Window/View as you are navigating to new browser window. If you still want to use two windows, then add a Refresh button in your First View and attach an action to it. Don't do anything it, it automatically gets the fresh data from context.

Regards

Abhilash