cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting number ranges and transaction types with multiple backends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am working on an environment where we have SRM 5.0, Server 5.5 and 2 back-ends systems: 4.6c and 4.7

According to our scenario we have the following situation:

- On certain categories, GOA created on SRM and replicated, after approval, to the back-end systems.

- On other categories, GOA created on SRM and approved then Purchase requisition referring to the GOA and Purchase Order are also created on SRM: Contract approved and PO approved replicated to Back ends.

In what way it is necessary to set-up number ranges and transaction types?

How many number ranges should we create for PO and GOA and how many transactions types for PO and GOA should we create if we are working with 2 separate back-ends.

Is it necessary to create different transaction types for GOA and PO considering each different back-end?

As far as I've understood it is not possible to assign the same SRM number range to different back-ends: how to solve this problem?

Please help me, i am stuck!

Thanks,

ASLI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asli,

You can create different number ranges for many backend in SPRO->...->Cross-Application Settings->Number ranges->Define number ranges per backend system...

This is a good way to create different number ranges for two backends.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your answer, I checked that transaction and the number ranges refer only to POs and not to the Contract.

Also I have this doubt: if I create more then one number range for the same document (contract) is it necessary to create different transactions types to assign to each number range?

Let me make an example:

Transaction type for GOA: EC1 and EC2

Number range for GOA: Z1 assigned to EC1and Z2 assigned to EC2

How the system can understand that EC1 has to be created on the back-end system 1 and EC2 on the backend 2?

thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyone who can add more details??

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaia,

not absolutely sure at the moment, but I think you need only 1 transaction type for GOA wih one number range.

SRM will be able to find the correct BE system by checking the purchase org, which is be responsible for that contract.

As far as I know, you have to decide to which partner the GOA (position) belongs to, and your purchase org is combined to a special BE system.

Unfortunately I do not have access to my SRM system at the moment to verify this.

Best regards,

Andreas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaia,

As I am not clear about the GOA, what does it mean? But here is my opinion on this issue.

Define backend system for product category should be able to differentiate b/w 2 R/3 systems and according your P Org should create the PO in that system with only one transaction type and one number range.

Thank you.

SG.