cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB in Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a problem. I don't know how to access to the Max DB via Web Dynpro. I have SAP Web Application Server Java 6.40 Sneak Preview and SAP Developer Studio. Can someone show me an example of such thing. I need some basis tips (how to connect to a db and get infomations from the inside via WDP). Thanks for Your time!

Maciej Radochonski

maciejr@op.pl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maciey,

there are a few different possibilities to connect a database.

The most suggestive is to write an ejb and bind this class with the model tool in WD.

A lot of people include a JDBC driver directly to the WD Project and connect with WD to the daba. (not the specified way!)

Best Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian!

I put my first steps in WD and SAP(Max)DB. I need some more informations. Has JDBC already been implemented in Web Application Server? If not, how to register JDBC in my system?

Can I ask for some more informations about EJB?

I'm also looking for an example of a WD application connecting to the db, as simple as it's possible.

Best Regards

Maciej Radochonski

maciejr@op.pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maciej,

the standard way: create in netweaver developer studio

- a dictionary project with handels the database tables

- a enterprise application project (for the ejb's)

- a web dynpro project for the frontend part

Because you're new to newweaver, this will be too much, I think. (in the near future CAF is responsible for all that)

JDBC:

I don't know any standard JDBC driver for WebAS.

The shortest way:

Put the jdbc driver in the classpath of your server and restart the j2ee.

Now, load the driver in your WD Classes and use it.

Greets

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian!

Thanks for help! I'll check out all Your tips ASAP

Best Regards!

Maciej Radochonski

maciejr@op.pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Florian!

I've done everything like You said about JDBC. I did put the jdbc driver in the classpath (sapdbc.jar in D:\sapdb\programs\runtime\jar\sapdc.jar). I reset the J2EE engine and after that I still have an java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB. I don't know what to do...

Best Regards

Maciej Radochonski

maybe use my private email: maciejr@op.pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maciej,

like I know (several weeks ago) I have put my JDBC driver to the "JAVA_HOME\jre\lib\ext" and had no problem with that.

Best Regards

Florian

Answers (0)