cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO with SAP using User Mapping throgh ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have installed EP 6.0 Patch 4 on Windows 2003 Server . Portal is running fine with DB sql server . Now i have installed ITS 6.20 and Business Package for ESS. I have configured the ESS busienss package and now able to access the SAP HR (Enterprise 4.7) system.

I have set the SSO with SAP using User Mapping.

My problem is that after accessing the 5/6 sap iviews of ESS business package , i am displayed with Portal logon screen to enter user id and password.

When i entered user id and password for the portal and i can able to access the SAP iview and same problem happend after accessing 5/6 iviews. I have checked the session in SAP side in SM04 transaction. There are 4/5 RFC session.

Any idea/light will always be appriciated

Regards

Debaraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debaraj

you should make sure to get a newer version of your ITS

you have:

ITS 6.20 patch level 4

but the latest version right now is:

ITS 6.20 patch level 16

you find the latest version in the Software Distribution Center: http://service.sap.com/swdc

But a newer patch might not be enough to fix this problem as it sounds like the SSO cookie is overwritten.

Most browsers have a limitation of 20 cookies per cookie-domain.

You would need to check and count the cookies using a common HTTP tracing tool (e.g. HTTPLook, HTTPWatch, IEWatch, TracePlus etc.).

This way you could verify and check the cookie domains.

With that knowledge there might be ways to reduce the number of cookies (e.g. note 554967).

regards

Gerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gerd,

Thannks for the reply.

I dont want to go for that patch level 16.

This was not the case for my problem

Anyway the problem got solved . I dont know how .

I just rebooted the server and access the portal with full domain name ( inititally i was accessing only with host name ).

Thanks

Debaraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debaraj,

Please check how the problem can be reproduced exactly. Is it a timout issue? Then it should always happen after the same amount of seconds. Or is it connected to a specific iview? Does one special iView trigger the problem?

What ITS 6.20 patchlevel do you use? Which web browser (and web browser version) do you use? Does the problem occur with different web browsers in the same way (compare Mozilla / Internet Explorer).

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

Thanks for the reply.

This is not timeout issue. Also it is not connected to any specific order of accessing iViews. I can access those iViews any order . There is no special iView that create this problem rather after certain no of iviews were accessed , i am displayed with the portal logon screen.

ITS 6.20 patch level : Version: 6200.1004.33246.0 Buildno: 587598

Web Browser : IE 6.0.2800.1106

I have checked with other browser too. Same problem

Regards

Debaraj