cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error! Ignored old data that has been received....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lately I have been seeing the following error message when sync using MAM2.5 SP16:

Ignored old data that has been received for user (SHARED)

Ignored old data that has been received for user USERID

The only way to fix this error is Re-install client.

I would like to know what the cause of this and how to fix it without re-install client.

Your advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

You can monitor merep_mon.

You can give all the necessary data like (mobileID, syncbo name)

Then try to find out in I/O work list whether any entry gone to error state, then try to ignore those entries and sync again.

Repititive synchronization is also a good idea(so that synchronization will not break in between)

Can find out the link to repititive synchronization and time controlled synchronization

Time controlled synchronization:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/5d298f28616e47e10000000a422035/content.htm

Repititive Synchronization:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/177c40ffd3cd62e10000000a155106/content.htm

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

The problem is that there is no communication before PDA and server. Three is no activity when this "Ignored.." message occured.

When I sync, the message appeared but there is no entry in merep_mon nor NetWeaver WebConsole. Usually we can see when was the last time it sync on WebConsole, but if we get that ignored data message, there is no logs whatsoever.

What is the down side of implementing Repititive synchronization? What would you recommend Time between synchronization (MobileEngine.Sync.

TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs=????)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dai,

> What is the down side of implementing Repititive

> synchronization?

Repetitive sync (If enabled) occurs only if there is still data in the server which needs to be sent to the client. for eg: if one sync cycle can give out 1MB of data, and you have 6MB of data, sync will occur AUTOMATICALLY 6 times. If you have only 1MB to be sent to client, there will be only one cycle.

Otherwise, you'll have to manually sync 6 times to get all the 6MB of data...

> What would you recommend Time

> between synchronization (MobileEngine.Sync.

> TimeBetweenRepetitiveSyncs=????)

This depends on how much time One sync cycle takes to finish synchronization. you may give a value slightly more than that to avoid overlapping during sync.

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

From my understanding, this problem usually occurs when the MI client is in the middle of synchronization and due to some reasons synchronization breaks in the middle without completion.

For example if MI client request for data for sequence numbers 01-10 and if synchronization breaks in the middle then next time client requests for data from sequence numbers starting from 11 but because middleware dint get any confirmation from client during earlier synchronization it again sends same data to the client for the sequence numbers 01-10 and client keeps ignoring data or something similar could be the reason.

Thats the reason why re-installation of client is the only possible solution i see.

Thanks & Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You described very well. I'm totally agreed with you. I just hate that I have to re-install client every single time this happens. We have over 100 pdas that we rolled out months ago and it seems like we have to re-install at least one or two pdas a day. The strange thing is that it only happen in the last couple of days. Even though nothing have changed on the backend.

I just hope SAP have a solution for this. Still waiting for SAP response.

Regards,

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

Are you sure of the authorizations that have been given for this user. Please check if you have assigned the authorizations S_RFC, S_ME_SYNC & S_TCODE. I think this should solve the problem.

Regards,

Nameeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it's authorization related. It have been working for this user before and also it working correctly after re-install client. I created a customer message but haven't heard from SAP yet. I'm very surprised that we don't have an answer for this.

Regards,

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

It is something to do with sequence numbers. The middleware is sending data with a sequence number that is already present in the client. Have you changed any settings in the middleware? Have you reset the sequence number in PD for the user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dai,

Try to check the data which the middleware is trying to send and if you find it obselete, purge them in the middle ware itself.

If its a generic sync apps, purge them in the tables MESYHEAD, MESYBODY.

If its the case of Smart Sync apps, use MEREP_PURGE.

Pl. get back to us with the feedback.

Regards

Ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ArunKumar,

How do I find the obselete data?

We scheduled MEREP_PURGE to run everyday to delete 30 days old data. We only PURGE Inbound, Outbound, and Log Message with 30 days olds data. We weren't sure about deleting Runtime Data, that's why we didn't schedule to purge Runtime Data.

Regards,

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Dai,

You can monitor the Queues in merep_mon and infact change the data if required. Since i don't know what application you are running, i cant take my call on what data you need to purge.

In Merep_mon, identify the runtime data and change the status to IGNORE. This will make sure that that data is not bothered hence forth.

And if you think, the problem is with incomplete sync. Try out REPETATIVE SYNCHRONIZATION facility in Mobile Client. If you already have that in place, try to change the time taken between two repetative syncs. Increase that time. My hunch is that if you've repetative sync in place, then the problem could be with the time between two syncs. If they overlap, you could get this problem.

Regards

Ak.