cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert the sender service to an ALE logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello y'all,

We are doing a legacy->XI-> Idoc (R/3) scenario. I am getting an error “Unable to convert the sender service LEGACY_BS to an ALE logical system” . The legacy business system is set as a third party Business system and has a logical system Legacy_LS set to it. In the ID for the business service Legacy_BS, I am not able to set the logical system in the adapter specific identifiers. Is this the reason for the error “Unable to convert the sender service LEGACY_BS to an ALE logical system”.

Any ideas.

-AR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189719
Participant
0 Kudos

No it does not mean your scenario will work end to end, this does not test the actual communication part, so you could still get the error

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>I am not able to set the logical system in the adapter specific identifiers. Is this the reason for the error “Unable to convert the sender service LEGACY_BS to an ALE logical system”.

yes

you can use header mapping in the receiver agreement

and put the R3 there (the one with adapter specific identifiers)

this and also many other IDOC XI configurations

is described in my book:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal.

I was able to set the adapter specific identifiers for the sender Business service (Legacy_LS) after a cache refresh.

In the receiving R/3 system, in TCODE SALE I set the logical system of the sender legacy system (Legacy_LS).

Also I set the header mapping in receiver agreement for Sender Party, Sender Service and Reciver Service, I still get the same error.

I wish I could rush out and buy your book but I am limited by time..:( Anything I missed. in my settings.:(

-AR

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just put the <b>business system</b>

in the receiver agreement - header mapping

you can use the business system

of your XI as long as ithas afapter identifiers

+ it's configured in WE20 (in R3)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks michal...But I did set up the R/3 system business system (RID_BS)in the receiver service of the header mapping. My logical system for the R/3 system is RID800 and it is set up as a partner in the R/3 system and also in the adapter sepcific identifiers of the R/3 business system.

Should the logical system be the same name as the business system ? and should the partner in WE20 be in thename of the business system or logical system..I know this might sound like silly but I have made the config but not sure if I missed any..

Any ideas..

-AR

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>Should the logical system be the same name as the business system ?</i>

Not necessary. Business System name and Logical system name can be different.

><i>and should the partner in WE20 be in thename of the business system or logical system..</i>

The Partner Profile should be with respect to the Logical System Name.

Internally, during runtime, IDOC adapter fills up the IDOC control record with the corresponding Logical system names for the sender partner (SNDPRN) and Receiver Partner (RCVPRN) . If your Business Systems have the correct logical system name assigned to them and you can see the same in Business System--> Adapter Specific Identifiers, then there is no need for a header mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I have set legacy BS - LEGACY_BS with logical system Legacy_LS. This is shown in the adapter specific identfiers in ID.

2) I have ser R/3 BS - RID_BS with logical system RID800.This is ALSO shown in the adapter specific identfiers in ID.

3)In the R/3 system, SALE - I have set the Legacy_LS as a logical system.

4)In WE 20 - I have set the partner profile for the Legacy_LS with inbound parameters.

But still the error "Unable to convert the sender service LEGACY_BS to an ALE logical system" persists.

In the mapping , I had disabled the EDIDC element. And in the IDOC comm channel, I have NOT checked "Aapply control records from payload"..

Have missed any config? Any help is appreciated.

-AR

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Things look good to me.

What I would sugest is to refresh the SLD data cache, then make some changes ( dummy) in your receiver agreement and then activate your scenario and try to trigger your interface once again.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what I am missing...I did clear the SLD cache..Still remains the same..:(

-AR

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would sure love to debug your problem.Can you drop me a mail with the screen shots or if possible host them on a public URL for the entire community so that the problem can be sorted out?

You can find my mail id in my B'card.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I couldn't find your email in the B'card..It gave me an error in the page..Could you send me your email please?

AR

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

firstname dot lastname at wipro dot com

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried a test with the ID configuration tool in the XI server and apparently it has no error. Is this an indication that if I send new messages from my legacy , the SENDER server ALE issue will be taken care of?

-AR