cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of first tutorial fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear forum members,

I've been working on the first tutorial of the Java EE 5 @ SAP environment.

After having some problems in the configuration of the SAP server in the Developer Studio i've been creating the Convertor project.

However when all compiles and I want to deploy it via the Developer Studio (eclipse)

In the servers view you need to add and remove projects on the SAP server. This failes. The engine is running correctly, I can use NWA without trouble.

I get the following error dialog:

<i>There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server</i>

In the log file of workspace .metadata .log I can see the following entry:

![code]SESSION 2006-11-15 20:40:11.221 -

eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905

java.version=1.5.0_07

java.vendor=SAP AG

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -data C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\workspace

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-11-15 20:41:19.379

!MESSAGE While loading class "does.not.exist.aaaNoClass", thread "Worker-2" timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread "Worker-1" to finish starting bundle "com.sap.ide.j2ee.ui". To avoid deadlock, thread "Worker-2" is proceeding but "does.not.exist.aaaNoClass" may not be fully initialized.

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception: Generated exception.

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.preFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:75)

at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:409)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:334)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:386)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:347)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:265)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:278)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1245)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.start(InternalPlatform.java:1138)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:361)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.getPlugin(PluginDescriptor.java:340)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.getPluginForCompatibility(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:73)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$20.run(Workbench.java:1759)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2006-11-15 20:41:19.820

!MESSAGE Bad extension specification

!ENTRY com.sap.ide.j2ee.ui 4 0 2006-11-15 20:41:19.820

!MESSAGE startup class must implement org.eclipse.ui.IStartup

!ENTRY Startup 1 0 2006-11-15 20:41:27.321

!MESSAGE Sap NetWeaver Developer Studio - 200609271333

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.core 4 0 2006-11-15 20:54:52.358

!MESSAGE Digest could not be parsed:Unable to retrieve remote reference "http://download.eclipse.org/updates/3.2/digest.zip". [Server returned HTTP response code: "404 Not Found" for URL: http://download.eclipse.org/updates/3.2/digest.zip.];

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.views.properties.tabbed 4 4 2006-11-15 21:00:08.142

!MESSAGE Contributor org.eclipse.wst.rdb.server.ui.navigator.serverExplorer cannot be created.[/code]

What did I do wrong in the configuration of the project that might have caused this problem. Or what is wrong in the configuration of the developer studio

Kind regards,

Richard Plukker

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

elena_yaneva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Unfortunately, I can't come up with any other idea.

The probmels you are experiencing are quite strange, I haven't heard of similar ones(talked with my coleagues as well).

A hypothetical cause could be the eclipse upgrades you are making.

In order to make proper investigation, I will suggest new installation.

First:

Uninstallation

For removing an installed system, the installer will create a program icon labeled "Uninstall" in the corresponding program group of your Windows menu.

Known Bug: If you deinstall SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio und you change the Windows window during uninstallation, warning message "do you want to remove modified files" gets lost behind another window. And you get the impression the uninstaller hangs up. In that case, press alt + tab and scroll around windows to move the message box in front of the main installer screen.

And then follow the installation guide(start.exe on your disk).

I hope this is not too much for you and will help us to catch the real problem.

Best Regards,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Your suggestion works.

However not without doing some extra stuff.

First I tried just uninstalling an then reinstall, then I got the same problem (on computer A).

I tried then with another computer (computer B), a win2000 system (however unsupported by SAP) but with succes. I installed the server and all the tuturials were deployed as well as the NWA (so that doesn't cause this problem).

In general the installation on windows 2000 works like a charm.

I turned back to the Computer A.

And removed all the SAP software on the machine, I had a netweaver developer studio NW04 SP15 still runing on the machine.

I removed all the SAP related entries in the registry.

Removed all the files on the filesystem related to netweaver developer studio as well as the Java EE 5 installation.

Then reinstalled the Java EE 5 installation.

Then a succesfull deployment was done of the converter and the carrental, then I installed the NWA and after that the Project and Employee application

All a succesfull deployment via the developer studio.

So I think the previous NW04 developer studio was the root cause of my problems.

Kind regards,

Richard Plukker

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you also try to switch to a new (clean!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivaylo,

Tried it but unfortunately didn't help

Same problem again.

Kind regards,

Richard Plukker

elena_yaneva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

From your post i assume that there is something wrong with the EAR.

The situation you are describing is a little strange, so I would suggest you to do the following, before further investigations:

1. Delete the ConverterEAR,Ejb and Web projects

2. Go to Help ->Welcome -> Samples(up, in the middle) -> click Converter Application. The applications will be downloaded and visible in your project view.

3. Please follow the steps from my previous post.

If you still experience problems, we will investigate further.

Best Regards,

Elena

P.S. There is no SDM in SAP JavaEE 5 edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I've removed all of my own generated project, even deleted them from the filesystem.

And I have followed these steps:

1. Delete the ConverterEAR,Ejb and Web projects

2. Go to Help ->Welcome -> Samples(up, in the middle) -> click Converter Application. The applications will be downloaded and visible in your project view.

3. Please follow the steps from my previous post.

Still no succes.

I did another thing, I've created a ear file from the developer studio project, and used the telnet administrator to deploy:

>DEPLOY C:SAPDevStudioeclipseworkspaceConverterEARConverterEAR.ear on_prerequisite_error=stop
on_deploy_error=stop

Deploy settings:
   life_cycle=bulk
   on_deploy_error=stop
   on_prerequisite_error=stop
   version_rule=lower
   workflow=normal

If there is an offline deployment, Telnet connection to host may be lost

Processing deployment operation, please wait...

The status of the deployed SDUs is Success.
Additional information:

sdu id: sap.com_ConverterEAR
sdu file path: C:SAPJP1JC00j2eeclusterserver0temptc~bl~deploy_controllerarchives221163708
644224ConverterEAR.ear
version status: NEW
deployment status: Success
description:

I've checked the application with:

http://localhost:50000/ConverterWEB/index.jsp

And succes. So the code and the project is okay (at least the ear it produces)

Something in the development studio is not correct.

A small remark I can add: After installing i've configured two things:

NWA via the install script found on the file system

And i've created the SLD on the JP1 server.

And in the development studio i've checked the eclipse updater, so I get automatic updates (perhaps this was very wrong to do)

Apart from these configurations the Java EE 5 @ SAP is out of the box.

kind regards,

Richard Plukker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

One bit of hope.

I've just installed the car rental application, and yes this project is able to be deployed to the server via the developer studio.

However the carrentalEAR is shown 5 times in the add and remove Projects dialog.

But anyway it's deployed succesfully:

[code]Nov 16, 2006 9:58:45 PM /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] INFO: deployment trace

21:57:25.551 [info #300] [#1]: DC API is trying to connect to 'YB0010-RP:50004'

21:57:25.551 [debug #100] [#1]: SessionImpl::getContext():[ B E G I N ].timerId=5

21:57:25.822 [debug #100] [#1]: SessionImpl::getContext():[ E N D ].timerId=[id:#5, elapsed: 271 ms.]

21:57:25.842 [info #300] [#1]: DC API has Connected to 'YB0010-RP:50004'

21:57:25.842 [debug #100] [#1]: DeployProcessor::ctor:New deploy processor created[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.852 [debug #200] [#1]: DeployProcessor::Constructor:get deployer from server.[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.852 [debug #200] [#1]: DeployProcessor::Constructor:deployer get successfully:[id:#6, elapsed: 0 ms.]. [ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.882 [info #200] [#1]: +++++ Starting D E P L O Y action +++++ [ deployerId=2 ] [ timerId=7]

21:57:25.892 [info #200] [#1]: Selected archives for deployment. [ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.902 [info #200] [#1]: C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\workspace\CarRentalEAR\CarRentalEAR.ear

21:57:25.902 [debug #300] [#1]: DeployProcessor::deploy:going to generate Session id.[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.902 [debug #300] [#1]: DeployProcessor::deploy:DC API got Session id='24',time:[id:#7, elapsed: 50 ms.].[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.912 [debug #100] [#1]: DeployProcessorImpl::doCheckForSameMachine::Can server read File 'C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\workspace\CarRentalEAR\CarRentalEAR.ear' : true

21:57:25.922 [info #100] [#1]: Got full sdu path 'C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\workspace\CarRentalEAR\CarRentalEAR.ear'

21:57:25.922 [debug #100] [#1]: DeployProcessor::deployItems:enter.timerId=8.[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.942 [info #200] [#1]: component version handling rule is UpdateAllVersions.[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.962 [info #200] [#1]: Error strategies[ deployerId=2 ]:

21:57:25.982 [info #100] [#1]: deployer initialized successfully:[id:#9, elapsed: 40 ms.].[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:25.992 [info #100] [#1]: Total time:[#9: 0.06 sec].[ deployerId=2 ]

21:57:26.012 [info #200] [#1]: Starting deployment.[ deployerId=2 ]

21:58:45.126 [debug #100] [#1]: DeployProcessor::deployItems:get deploy result after.resultOk=true.Time:[id:#8, elapsed: 79114 ms.].[ deployerId=2 ]

21:58:45.136 [info #200] [#1]: Deployment completed. Preparing the deployment result.[ deployerId=2 ]

21:58:45.156 [info #200] [#1]:

-

Sorted Items -

1. Client path 'C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\workspace\CarRentalEAR\CarRentalEAR.ear'

Sdu info :name 'CarRental', vendor 'sap.com', location 'localhost', version '2006.11.16.21.57.23', software type ('J2EE', sub type ''), dependencies :[none]

Deploy status is 'Success'

Time statistics( ms 😞

1.deployment : 20680

1.1.Notify:Event triggered : 10

1.2.Bulk deployment : 20660

1.2.1.Stop : 351

1.2.2.Perform delivery : 19377

1.2.2.1.Application Deployer : 19377

1.2.3.Notify Observers : 932

1.2.3.1.Store in repository : 151

1.2.3.2.update CVers : 781

1.3.Notify:Event performed : 10

2.Post process : 57072

2.1.Starting : 57072

-

Deployment Items -

1. Client path 'C:\SAP\DevStudio\eclipse\workspace\CarRentalEAR\CarRentalEAR.ear'

Sdu info :name 'CarRental', vendor 'sap.com', location 'localhost', version '2006.11.16.21.57.23', software type ('J2EE', sub type ''), dependencies :[none]

Deploy status is 'Success'

21:58:45.156 [info #300] [#1]: +++ Deployment finished with status 'Success' +++.[ deployerId=2 ][#8: 79.234 sec]

21:58:45.156 [debug #300] [#1]: DeployProcessor::deployItems:finally.Total Time:[#8: 79.234 sec].[ deployerId=2 ]

21:58:45.156 [info #200] [#1]: +++++ End D E P L O Y action +++++[ deployerId=2 ]. Total time:[#7: 79.304 sec][/code]

Then I installed the EDMprojectEAR.

And this does not show up in the add and remove Projects dialog, hence it cannot be deployed via NWDS.

Even a local export of the ear file fails (probably due to warnings in the EJB and WEB project):

[code]java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:62)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:46)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.setMessage(Status.java:178)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status.<init>(Status.java:85)

at org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.internal.datamodel.ui.DataModelWizard.runOperations(DataModelWizard.java:226)

at org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.internal.datamodel.ui.DataModelWizard.performFinish(DataModelWizard.java:178)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:680)

at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:355)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$3.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:660)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.navigator.wizards.WizardShortcutAction.run(WizardShortcutAction.java:94)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:499)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:539)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1914)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1878)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:419)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:95)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:78)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)

at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

[/code]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby, Vladimir and Elena,

Bobby:

Yes I've created the project from scratch following the tutorial on pdf and from the index page in NWDS.

Could you provide me a SAPMATS area to upload the requested workspace info.

Vladimir:

Yes I have the ConverterEAR project in my workspace, however I didn't create it from the tutorial download.

See further anwser Elena section.

Elena,

I've followed step 1 in your description.

Step 2 reveals something different in my configuration: There is no option run on server in my right click of the ConverterEAR (it is there for the ConverterEJB and for ConverterWEB)

I can see: Run As --> Run

When I open the view servers and select SAP server add and remove projects I get the same error: <i>There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server</i>

In my investigation I also noticed that I cannot stop or start the SAP server from NWDS.

The server status is started and the state is republish,

However republishing also doesn't work, so I think the developer studio (NWDS) cannot connect to the SAP server.

I also noticed SDM is not running on the server, is that a new feature in Java EE 5 @ SAP?

Hopefully this info can lead to the solution.

Kind regards,

Richard Plukker

elena_yaneva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

Here are the steps you should performe to deploy and run the Converter Sample:

1.Import the sample application's sources by clicking on the corresponding link in the Samples page.

From your post, I assume you have done this step.

In your package view, you should have ConverterEAR, ConverterEJB, ConverterWEB.

2.Build and deploy the application using the Servers view in the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

Right click on the ConverterEAR and choose run as ->Run on server.

A dialog box "run on server" will apear

choose your server(make sure it is running)

next

On the right side, there will be

Configured Projects:

ConverterEAR

Finish

The "deploy finished successfully" will apear

3.Run the application by requesting the corresponding URL in your browser.

http://<host>:<port>/ConverterWEB/

Try this, and if you have any further problems, do not hesite to ask again.

Best Regards,

Elena

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Do you have the ConverterEAR Enterprise Application Project in your workspace? This message <i>"There are no projects that can be added or removed from the server"</i> occurs when there are no EAR projects.

Have you imported the Converter sample application from Help -> Welcome -> Samples -> Converter Application? Or are you creating the projects on your own? Perhaps you can try to remove the projects from the workspace and then import following the procedure above.

HTH!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

would you please restart the NetWeaver Developer Studio and try to deploy again?

If there is no effect you can also try to change the workspace and try the Converter example again.

Unfortenately I can't determine what the problem is only by this exception.

If you can zip your workspace, upload it some where and post a link here, we can try to investigate it further.

Greetings,

Bobby