cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Web: Sending Report as Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

When I send a BEx Web report as an Email - will the user get an URL or an HTML file?

I the person I send the Email to does not have a BEx Web/SAP user account, how can he see the report?

Thanks so much,

Sabine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are referring the InfoBroadcasting function.

If designated as such within the IB setting, the user will receive an HTML file (or ZIP, MHTML, etc.).

If IB setting was configured to provide "online links to current data", then the user will get a URL. This URL will execute the BW query (which provides current data to user). Consequently, the email recipient will need a BW user id/password in order to execute the BW via URL.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are intersted in a custom solution which you can use to send BW query results to those non SAP users check out the code sample in the link below

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b7658119-0a01-0010-39a9-b600c816...

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I have created a function and passing the parameters as shown below.

SENDER_ID Internet mail iD

SUBJECT Test - mail

QUERY_PARAMS values

QUERY P_CI_QTR_STATUS_RPT

INFOCUBE CIMPODSR

CMD LDOC

I get a mail with PDF dcoument ( Send status for document < MAIL.pdf > ) as attachment and document contains below text.

"The following status was received for the document <MAIL> sent by you to the recipient <mail-id>: <Cannot process message in SAP System>. "

Can you please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Regards

Madhukar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is still not answered: From the context menu in BEx Web I can choose "Send as Email".

In what format will the user get thies report?

Is it possible to see the report if you don't have the appropriate SAP login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabine,

in Standard Web Template you have the option to specify the output format for "send as E-Mail".

1. HTML file: user will receive HTML file. This file can be opened independent of a login, it is only an independent file. But user will not be able to navigate in the report and layout is quite poor

2. HTML file with MIME: must be sent as ZIP file containing HTML file that can also be viewed independent of login, does not provide option to navigate in the data and layout is structured as it is in Standard Web Template (table, colors - not only the unformatted figures). There is an additional link in HTML file to see actual data. This refers to Standard Web Template and login is required, user will be able to navigate in the report.

3. Online link to actual data: link to query in Standard Web Template with actual data is sent, login is required, user will be able to navigate in the report.

Best regards,

Björn

Answers (0)