cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update a view without invalidate ?

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm making a welcome window which display to the user the current loading step. After loading all steps, the WD switch automatically to the application.

To do that I made two views.

1. WelcomeView

2. MyAppView

in the WelcomeView, I set up one

- ProgressIndicator bound to currentValue

- TextView bound to currentStep

- TimeTrigger : which call the loading methode from MyAppView.

in the MyAppView

- loadingMethode : which change the values (currentValue and currentStep) of my context.

My Problem:

When I start the application the loadingMethode is well executed, but during the process nothing change until the end of the loading methode execution.

I would like to find out a solution which allow me to fire the loadingMethode and let me the view available. !!!

Thanks for your help

ps : I hope it will be clear...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lajitha_menon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Guess you are following the steps in this weblog

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2006/10/09/loading-please-wait

It says that you fire the plug to your second view on the timeout action of the timer. Are you doing that?

Regards.

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks you for the link, and I've followed all steps. But, my requires are not completelly completed, because, during the waiting time I want to inform my user, whats going on.

With the blog you gave me, I only a view which say "Hey, Wait man..." with a Flash animation. It looks grate (better than white page).

If you have any idear, I'm open

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Berthe,

Sounds like you are using obsolete sample downlodable from blog post, but not blog text itself. There are detailed textual description that you can place whatever message / controls you whant.

VS

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry but I don't get you

What do you mean ?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Berthe,

The blog popst contains download link to example that in fact uses one-line message and Flash animation. For me it looks like you are using this example.

However, in text oif blog entry there is a description of using Timer to shift execution of long-running operations from application start time (wdDoInit methods of controllers involved) to action handler execution. According to this description, you can put any type/number of controlls before long-running operation is started.

VS

Joseph_BERTHE
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

I have in fact used the example with Flash animation. So I will try to use what is in the blog.

I keep u inform

Thanks,