Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Error : structure min!=max without mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to test my map, I am recieving the error:

structure min!=max without mapping

It seems to me that thsi would normally be caused by a particular field that has a minimum occurance of 1, and is not being populated. However, I have double checked to make sure all of the fields that must be populated are in fact getting populated.

Are there any other causes for this error?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

You are absolutely right. This error occurs only when there is a node in the target which has a minimum occurence and has not been mapped.There is no other cause as far as I know. Check in see, if you have mapped the 'segment' fields also (in case the target is an IDOC). If not, map it to a constant.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

Try what Prakash had mentioned earlier. Also, is the segment field populated? If not, assign it to a constant.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is just a shot in the dark...

In your message mapping, in test tab, fill all the values for source msg and change the trace level to <b>All</b> before execution. It will tell you which nodes are mapped properly and in which node the mapping fault occured...

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I got it working now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Expand all yoru Nodes and there will be some field you might be missing which might be required field....

Most times segements are required fields....

it happend quick common (this particular error) i guess you are missing one rquired field

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Type of the source and target fields which you have mapped and its occurences( min and max)

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Maybe you are populating one field with (min=1 and max=1) many times. Please check your queus.

e.g. if you would like to map a field with min=0 or 1 and max=1

and the queue looks like that

[value]

[value]

you will get an error

Regards,

Wojciech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harrison,

This error states that your mapping is incomplete. Its not with the one field but its with the entire structure itself. So please see your occurrences of the Source and target structure.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

you got a element, which occurences (=minOccurs & maxOccurs) are unequal.

Those fields have to be mapped.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you expand on this? I have double checked the mapping, all required fields are being mapped or populated with a constant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do a F7 in your message mapping. It will let you know the error..

Also have you used any advanced UDF in your mapping? If so make sure, the target of these fields have occurance unbounded. May be you are writing many values to the result list which the node can not hold...

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am obviously missing something, but having difficulty spotting it. I assume I must be forgetting a field somewhere. I am mapping to a Matmas05 IDoc. The only fields / segments that XI requests be populated are:

E1MARAM (segment, plus several fields)

E1MAKTM (segment)

F7 says the mapping is not sufficiently defined, so obviously I have left something out. When the E1MARAM structure is open all fields inside it are green, however when I close it, it becomes red. But there are not any red fields inside it. How do I find the field that it is requesting be populated?

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check is there is any attribute in E1MARAM to be populated.. try assigning a constant to E1MARAM or to the attribute of it and check of you are getting the error.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error pops up when your mapping is incomplete...

First check all the fields are mapped....

and check all the required fields are mapped which are in RED in colour...

if not map to the specific field or to a constant or disable that one...

and check the type of the sourse and target fields.....is it string,floatetc

Amaresh