cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure (runtime) effort?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to come up with a way to measure (runtime) effort of XI scenarios.

Background:

A central department hosts the XI system, and plans to charge other departments according to their XI usage.

Obvious factors are message count and size, but one can also think of CPU time, destinction between simple and complex mappings, use of special adapters and so on.

Does anyone know whether there are already some thought about this subject available somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem about building a charging model based on Sender namespace and total volume of mb based on monthly totals.

Do you have any update to share since the question are old.

/regards Magnus

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're all right about this source of information (although our measurement will most probably use the SXMSPMAST* resp. SXMSPERF* tables instead, and maybe the BW).

Nevertheless, I'm more interested in conceptual discussions than technical instructions, to be honest.

I would be surprised if this was the first time some kind of accounting has to take place (after all, outsourcing should be quite common in this field as well). I wonder whether message size and count is enough to form a sensible billing basis, or the inclusion of other factors are appreciated.

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Glad I was not the only one questioning this...

see

( without any answer however )

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

AFAIK, there is no business content available so far. I'm hardly in the technical aspects of this topic, so I can only sum up the information I have:

- the SXMSPMAST* resp. SXMSPERF* tables should contain a lot of information

- there seems to be no function module, but I'm not completely sure about this

- this forum thread could be useful: https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=71498&messageID=151059

- as well as SAP note 871473

Hope this helps!

P.S.: Do you mind if I post a link to my thread in your thread? As the topic is very similar, this could improve overall communication ties.

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

No of course not go ahead a crosslink if you want.

I will add for completenss that if you are only looking for 'basic' header runtime/performance information, it's not necessary to run the performance/reorganisation jobs as table SXMSPFRAWH is updated in real-time.

I'm going to use this table to extract the info as it fulfills are current basic requirements

thx

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

that table is a valuable source of information, thanks.

Do you know how to look up the Integration Engine Objects (sender, receiver, component id) whose GUIDs are shown in the entries?

Regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Yes, its SXMSPFADDRESS,

rgds

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check at the Runtime WorkBench of Integarion Builder

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best would be to do from Runtime Workbench.

Component Monitoring for AE

and Message monitoring for the IE time.

Regards

Vijaya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you have a look at performance tab in RWB?

Regards,

michal