cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24/7 Active<-> Active database

Former Member
0 Kudos

All:

I would really appreciate any answers to this question.

We are a global organizational and pressure is mounting on us to keep the operations a 24/7 operation.

Our SAP instances run on HPUX 11i and Oracle 9i (9205).

Maintenance is however mandated, such as Operating systems patches, Frame maintenance, switch maintenance etc. on a routine basis to support the huge database that we run (almost 2.5TB now).

We have MC service guard and a EMC frame as well as HP XP frame for our disks, although we are not using SRDF or Qasa or even HP sommersault, which are expensive options and require huge bandwidth. MC Service guard is really a failover does not allow for things such as frame maintenance. So in effect the only way to do it would be to have an additional database, for which we already have adequate hardware.

Without SRDF or Qasa, it seems like we can still have an active-active database using Oracle Dataguard which seems to be a feature at no additional cost in 9i Oracle Enterprise and is included in it. Does anyone have any experience in implementing Oracle dataguard in an SAP environment?

Also 10G has some additional features but SAP support is only commencing Q4 2005, which means it will probably by 2006 when things iron out and get stable.

Thanks and regards,

Deepak Padgaonkar

Sr. Basis Admin, Molex

(dpadgaonkar@molex.com)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/htdocs/maa.htm

Has links to documents that might provide the answer you seek. No Dataguard related notes show when searching on that topic.