cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkage error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am deploying a web application in the form of an ear file on SAP J2EE WAS. The deployment using NWDS goes fine but at runtime I have the following error:

java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking javax/xml/namespace/QName class

It seems like it is a Java compatibility error, I recompiled using the WAS's version of JDK but it doesn’t help.

Have you ever encountered such problems? Any hint may help

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure that you use the same Version of NWDS and WAS. The linkageError can be a hint to different versions...

best Regards,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed my web app an a normal eclipse, and all I am using NWDS for is to build the ear and deploy.

First I got a NoSuchMethodError on the QName(String, String, String). Then I used an sda to use my own version of javax.xml.namespace.QName.

Now I have this LinkageError, I recompiled the javax.xml.namespace package using JDK 1.4.2_08 (the same as my WAS) but still have the LinkageError

Do you really think updating my NWDS might help?

Thanks

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My linkageError problem is not solved yet.

After some investigation I concluded that It is a classloader problem and that I need my QName class to be loaded with the same class loader as my servlet and other API.

I tried to put all my API including my servlet in the same jar and then in an SDA. Doing so make the server throw a :

com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.exceptions.ServletNotFoundException: Cannot load the requested servlet [HRW/servlet/WebServiceCaller].

I need help to get my servlet loaded from within the SDA. any ideas?

Thank you

Answers (0)