Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

operating system supported by mobile webdynpro in SAP netweaver 2004

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have developed a mobile webdynpro application but is not working fine on windows mobile 5.0 and is developed on SAP Netweaver 2004 platform , for that i require the list of operating systems supported by NWO4 . along with the supported browsers. i am searching this for along time but i didn't find anything usefull .if anybody has any information regarding this please help me out.

thanks & regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

It's hard to say why your custom application is not working on Win 5.0 without more info. I can only tell you that xMSA Online which is based on mobile webdynpro runs on Win2003, blackberry as well as a couple Nokia Communicator models. I will try it on a Win 5.0 device and let you know how it works out.

What is the exact problem that you're facing? The URL of your application does not load? Are you able to open the URL in the Internet Explorer on your desktop?

Regards,

Ted

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked SAP Product accesibilty matrix and it says Windows Mobile 2002, 2003 are supported OS for SAP NetgWeaver 04 platform.

I wanted to know from where can I find a consolidated list of supported OS and broswers (apart from PAM which I have gone through) for Mobile WebDynpro in NetWeaver '04.

The application I built was tested on Symbol MC70 which had Windows Mobile 5.0 and the application did not load on it on correctly. The applcaition runs fine on desktop.

So in case you can let me know all the OS for Windows Pocket PCs which are compatible along with browser info that would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

I did some checking around and it looks like to run your app on WM 5.0 you will need to use NW2004s SPS06 or higher. The detailed information is in SAP Note <b>979771</b>

This note states that "Windows Mobile 5.0 device support is made available through the "Pie03Client" (append URL parameter sap-wd-client=Pie03Client)."

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Ted

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ted ,

thanks for you Input.

regards

Siddharth

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your input we have allredy raised an oss message for this ,but can you tell me where i can find the list(SAP note or pdf) of OS and Browsers for Windows Pocket PCs which are compatible(supported by) with SAP netweaver 2004 platform.

Thanks,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

There does not appear to be a note specific to Web Dynpro device support. Note 882945 might be helpful as it details the supported devices for xMSA Online, which is based on this technology, so the supported devices should be the same.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Ted