cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP connection to ABAP runtime failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am building a scenario where XI picks up a file from a directory and pushes an IDoc to ECC. I have configured the interface with the Design tool, and I believe my setup in the Configuration tool are correct too, however I am encountering an error when testing the scenario by means of --

Tools --> Test Configuration.

The testing tool is giving me the following error upon processing the reciever determination:

HTTP connection to ABAP Runtime failed.

Error: 403 Forbidden

URL: http://serveraddress:port/sap/xi/simulation?sap-client=100

User: PIDIRUSER

First of all, I am not sure who the PIDIRUSER is, I assume it's a system user? Second, given that this error is a HTTP connection error, I am lead to believe that the issue lies somewhere in the RFC connection from XI -> ECC. I am not sure why exactly it's attempting to connect via HTTP as my communication channel is using the IDoc adapter with an RFC destination to connect to ECC. Possibly I have configured this incorrectly. I have read about having to configure a RFC adapter when posting messages from R/3 to XI, does the same apply when posting an IDoc from XI to ECC? Does anyone have any other thoughts as to why this error may be occuring? Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PIDIRUSER is a system user for Integration Directory.Check the roles and authorization or passwords are proper.You have a XI system readiness check available in sap notes.check that if everything is in place with respect to PIDIRUSER.

As we know XI Runs on ABAP+JAVA stack,Integration server and Adapter engine on J2EE and Integration Directory on J2EE use HTTP connections for their internal communications at the runtime.Integration server might connect to integration directory using the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I were to change the password of that user, how would that effect XI. Where all (in XI) would I have to specify the change in password for that user? Also, what did you mean by your comment:

"You have a XI system readiness check available in sap notes"

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. Would you mind explaining please? Thanks.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this OSS notes

1) 751856 HTTP 403 during cache refresh of the adapter framework

2) 721548 Changing the passwords of the XI Service Users

3) 736312 Activating all XI ICF services

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harrison as I have told the Internal communciation between Integration Server on ABAP Stack and J2EE stack happens via HTTP.It is failing there itself as per your messsage.Once this is rectified then you can see wether you configured the scenario properly.

It might not give PIDIRUSER error until you set up that in your RFC Destination.

Forebidden is generally an auth or password error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out I was recieving the error because the service for testing in XI (in transaction SCIF) was not turned on, hence the authorization error when the user attempted to run that service. Thanks for everyones help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

just a slight correction if I may.

The (ABAP) Transaction is SICF. It is because of Inactive Services in ICF. Execute the SICF transaction for SERVICES and then expand the tree default host> sap> xi > simulation. Then right click and select Activate service.

(Also see SAP Note 517484)

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these blogs:-

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

This should solve your problem.

Regards.

Praveen

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the XI readiness using the note 817920.But it is for XI 3.0 .There are slight differences..be cautious on it.

For Ex:XIDIRUSER is PIDIRUSER in your system.

Note for changing the passwords : 936093

Please go through them

Former Member
0 Kudos

At this point I am pretty convinced that the issue has nothing to do with the user or its authorizations. I have a feeling it lies in some communication configuration. Possibly an issue with the RFC communication from XI to ECC? I have set up a RFC destination in the XI system to connect to ECC. When I reference an RFC destination in the integration builder, I reference the one that is built in the XI system correct? I know that sounds like a silly question, but I am asking because I do not know if there is somewhere else in which the RFC destinations must be defined in order to use them in the integration builder? I configured the communication channel to use RFC, so why is this HTTP call being made?

Message was edited by:

Harrison Holland

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

Did you see the SXMB_MONI transaction for this message exchange? What message did you get there?

I'm sure it must be some authorization issue. 403 refers to insufficient authorizations.

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not actually pushing IDocs out of XI yet, I am just using the testing tool built into the Integration Builder, so the monitoring transaction won't help me quite yet. Any other thoughts?