cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Server Object Cleanup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a XI server which was not cleaned up since days. We had lots of people login and create thousands of objects. The server has become very slow now.

I wish to backup and clean all these unused objects. When I tried doing it using the client, I needed to <b>backup</b> and <b>delete</b> each object individually. Some of these objects are owned by other users. Deleting them, means we have to open change list for each and every user and reject the object changes under their change list. This will take a very huge time.

Is there anyway in which I can do a bulk backup and delete? This will really ease my work.

Regards,

Keerti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why cannot you delete the tpz files from the IR and ID at the OS level ?If it is a test system,you can think of doing that and refresh the cache.Be Extra-Cautious when doing it.Try doing that for one small object and do cache refresh.Make sure you delete the ID objects as well correspondingly otherwise cache will reesult in errors.

Michal is 100% true and check de-activation of adapters before trying out this extra-cautious excercise.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

are you sure that repository objects are slowing down the server ?

(I find it hard to imagine)

maybe try to deactivate the communication channels from integration directory ?

as they might be in error states and create a log of error logs

or pull some messages in test mode (constantly)

just deactivate them and check

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Log on to your IR with the Super user id and go to the change list and you can assign the change list of other users to your Super user and then delete / activate as per requirment instaed of doing it for every used id separately.

Regards,

Bhavesh