cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up SLA after development setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Require your inputs on SAP BI setup for a client. They currently have a standalone SAP BI installation (NW04s). They want to use this as the DEV box after doing all IMG configuration and all standard setup (connectivity, web enabling, broadcasting etc.).

The doubt is that since there is no transport setup at this time, how will the configuration settings be taken to the QA and production systems once they are available and the transport paths are setup. We are looking at the best approach in such a scenario where development can go on and manual configuration can be avoided on production and QA when they are made available. Requesting your input / any pointers on this issue.

Kind Regards

Noor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to STMS in the existing dev system and create a virtual system.After QAS and PRD in place configure the transport domain with the dev system as the domain controller and check the domain.cfg file and add all the CR's which you have created in the DEV into the buffer of QAS and PRD system.

Then you are all set to transport CR's efficiently between all the three systems.

--Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The other issue I missed out is that they have started with the DEV system and have not captured IMG activities till date against any Transport Request. In such a scenario is it possible to capture the changes and put them against a Customizing Transport Request?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BI has a different transport model that mySAP ERP. In my SAP ERP you have to have a transport for collecting the changes at the time of the configuration/development/etc. Because BI generates so many objects during initial configuration (creating InfoObjects, ODS Objects, InfoCubes, etc), there is the ability to collect the objects after they are created. So all the initial objects are created as local objects ($TMP) initially, the collection will assign the development class/package.

Note that this only works for the initial creation of objects, after the initial transport there are like mySAP ERP objects and all changes require a transport.

I would suggest you investigate the "collector" process after you set up your transport system.

I hope this helps,

Mike.