cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all.

I want to trigger a BPM periodically whose first step is an external Oracle Stored procedure call.

In my BPM :

first step is a trigger

second step is a send synchrousous send step.

I have created following message interfaces :

- MMIS_ExecuteProcedure (Inbound Synchronous) that contain call and response messages

- MMAS_ExecuteProcedure (Abstract Synchronous) (copy of this latter)

I want to create the interface mapping to call my inbound JDBC message. But in my case I think I don't have a source message because it is my BPM that trigger my event and not an business service outbound message.

=> I don't manage to create an interface mapping without source message !

IS it possible to create Interface Mapping with no source message ?

Else, How must I process ?

Thanks a lot

J.C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jean-Charles,

Your abstract synchronous interface defines your source messages. So you may create an interface mapping relating the abstract synchronous interface to the synchronous interface representing your JDBC call. The interface mapping then contains two mapping programs (e.g. two message mappings: one for the request message and one for the response message).

Please note that synchronous DB updates are <b>not</b> safe. So please use synchronous DB connections only for look-ups.

Best regards

Joachim

).

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>=> I don't manage to create an interface mapping without source message !

IS it possible to create Interface Mapping with no source message ?

Else, How must I process</i> ?

Interface Mapping needs a source and target message interafce and threby a source message as well.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please create dummy source message( e.g. send empty MMAS_ExecuteProcedure request).

Regards,

Wojciech

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There has to be some message you receive the in the BPM that can start the message flow in XI.

Why don't you use the Sender JDBC adapter and execute a stored procedure from it? if BPM is to initate the message flow is the request message going to be hard coded?

Regards,

Bhavesh