cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual start and finish dates for tasks in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer finds it bothersome to enter actual start and finish dates for tasks in cProjects. They first have to release the task, and thereafter they have to go to the additional data tab page for every task to enter the actual start and finish dates. Are there possibilities for doing this faster? Is it for example possible to enter actual start and finish in the table view?

Many thanks, Camilla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Camilla,

It is very much possible to enter Actual start and actual end dates for a task/phase/project in table view.

There is no additional settings required for this.

Simple open your project click on table button and scroll right to the required column. This is editable and user can directly enter various fileds like project status, responsible role, responsible person, start and finish dates constarints (in case of cProjects 4.0), actual start and finish dates, etc.

Hope this solves your problem. Pl reward points if it does.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Are you sure that you can enter the actual start and finish dates in the table view? I'm working i cProjects 3.1 and here you can only change the "set dates" for the tasks. Is it possible for you to send me a screen shot of what is possible to change in the table view in cProjects 4.0?

Please send to ceikeland@gmail.com.

Thanks, Camilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

Same situation is being faced by our Client also. However the platform is different one. ie SAP R/3 ECC 5.0. Project system

Is there any workaround or enter dates in table form so that it can be defaulted to each WBS elements as soon as pressing enter key or save it to the system.

If such fecilities are there, would appreicate if you can share how to get it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sudhakar

Message was edited by:

Sudhakar Pappu Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reema,

I have allready seen some more to it and I saw that I have to choose tasks (instead of projects) as the initial view for entering the actual dates. This helps me some.

Regards Camilla