cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to XI, I don't know what is the use of Context Object. Please let me know.

1. what is a context object?

2 How we can use this Context object in a scenario?

3. For which scenario it is suitable?

Thanks,

Satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. We can define Context Objects in Interface objects.

2. It can be xsd:String xsd:Integer xsd:date or xsd:time

3. We can assign these context objects in Message Interface Context Object tab

4. These objects we can use anywhere, like in Configured receivers XPath or in BPM when we specify some attribute in data type

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

They are nothing but logical names for the xpath used in content based routing.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doss could you me pass document on context objects @ alexander.xi@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/6e/ff0bf75772457b863ef5d99bc92404/content.htm

In the condition editor wherever you are specifying the condition you can use context objects instead of XPATH. The advantage is that if you are specifying the condition using context object you need not go and change the condition everywhere in the scenario, it is enough if you make the context object point to that new condition.

Regards,

Sudheer.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

context object :

We can assign a context object to the <postalCode> field, for example with the name postalCode. You can then use the postalCode context object in all conditions where you need the value of the <postalCode> field, which makes the conditions easier to read

This will help you to understand more.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d6/e44fcf98baa24a9686a7643a33f26f/content.htm

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/09/20/receiver-determination-based-on-the-payload-of-input-dataextended-xpathcontext-object

Michal Blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/11/xi-how-to-retrieve-messageid-from-a-bpm

Pass your Email ID, I am reachable at -agasthuri@gmail.com,

I will send some document I hope it will be usefull.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

please send the document

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

1. Context Objects are used for content based routing.

Eg. You have 2 receivers(receiver1 and receiver2). You need to choose the receiver based on the vale present in any source node. Then you can use context object to choose the receiver dynamically at run time.

2. Create a context object in IR and assign it to an <b>outbound interface</b>.

In ID, while creating receiver determination, in condition editor you can specify the conditions..

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos