cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm currently in the process of installing Solution Manager, i have done all the preparation steps. when i was installing jdk it did not change the runtime environment, but it changed the full version,

bash-2.05# java -version

java version "1.4.0_03"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.0_03-b04)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.0_03-b04, mixed mode)

bash-2.05# java -fullversion

java full version "1.5.0_09-b03"

i'm trying to do a remote installation because there is no GUI on the Solaris box that i'm installing from. when i execute the following command ./startInstGui i get the following error

bash-2.05# ./startInstGui.sh

Java Runtime found in PATH environment variable

Path: java

Start mode: gui (GUI only)

Connection parameters:

GUIServer host: localhost

GUIServer port: 21212

Starting...

Failed to load Main Class: SDTGui

before i played around with java it would wait for a coonection from SAPinst GUI, but it would break with the following error

[==============================] - extracting... done!

The GUI could not be started because the environment variable DISPLAY is not set. Please make sure that this variable is defined correctly or start the GUI on another host (for details please consult the installation guide)

Starting GuiServer using:

/usr/bin/java -cp /tmp/sapinst_exe.5262.1137396384/JAR/instgui.jar:/tmp/sapinst_exe.5262.1137396384/JAR/inqmyxml.jar -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200

load resource pool /opt/installation/solman/IM_SOLARIS_SPARC/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host sun-test, port 21200 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login in process...............................

guiengine: login timeout; the client was unable to establish a valid connection

iauxsysex.c:317: child /tmp/sapinst_exe.5262.1137396384/sapinst (pid 5263) has crashed. Executable directory is /tmp/sapinst_exe.5262.1137396384. Contact Support.

iaextract.c:814: child has signaled an exec error. Keeping directory /tmp/sapinst_exe.5262.1137396384

and SAPinst GUI displayed the following error

Network input/output exception has occured: Remote host closed connection during handshake javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never mind. Ignore my previous answer. I answered to a different question at a different place, mistakenly here. Thanks.

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to call 'startinstgui' located in your installation dvd directory, SAP_NetWeaver_2004s_SR_1_Installation_Master_DVD__ID__NW05SR1_IM1\IM_WINDOWS_I386

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Regards.

-Sridhar

0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

regarding the "...DISPLAY" error message.

Did you log in from a X-Server?

You have to start an X-Server on your Workstation for the installation GUI to work.

1.) Set the DISPLAY variable (on the solaris machine) before you start sapinst.

e.g. with (depending on the shell you use)

export DISPLAY=<DNS NAME of your workstation>:0

or

setenv DISPLAY <DNS NAME of your workstation>:0

2.) Start an X-Server on your workstation if not already done

e.g. on MS-Windows: XVision or Exceed

OSX: X11

Regards,

Hans-Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

G'Day Trevor Sunguro,

If you are installing Solution Manager 4.0 your JAVA version is wrong, you should install the JAVA version 1.4.0_09, you should not use other than this. SAP is recomended this version only.

if this helpful reward me.

Cheers,

Praveen.