cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ear file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have migrated a J2ee Web application to NetWeaver. It is working fine once I deploy it for the first time. I can run the application any number of times. That is fine. If I redeploy the application ear, then the application is not working. Same is the case if I undeploy and deploy it again. But this problem gets solved if I restart the server and deploy the application. But this is not a solution. I can't restart everytime if I want to deploy the application. Can anyone please suggest the possible cause for this?

Regards,

Harini S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harini,

>If I redeploy the application ear, then the application is not working.Same is the case if I undeploy...

Can you give more details what exactly is not working ? I.e. something like "when I undeploy I receive an exception with the following stacktrace :XXX "

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My application generates a XML document for the transaction selected. First time, it gives popup saying 'Document Created' and the document is generated successfully. But when I redeploy, I don't get any pop up itself. When I click the button, either page turns blank or error.jsp appears (which is called if any error occurs). But I can't find any error in the trace also. Is this some server cache problem or something like that? Can u please help me out?

Regards,

Harini S

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a similar problem with my application. If I remove & deploy & start, or if I update, then occasionally (not infrequently) the application will no longer work, cant find its properties, cant find message topics, on and on. Only a full stop and start of the server and redeploy of the application will get it working again.

This is on NW04 SP19.

Another issue I have occasionally is that the deploy service will get "stuck" at 99% and never complete the operation, whether its deploying, removing, stopping, or starting the application. Again, the only way to get it "unstuck" is to do a full stop and start of the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya.. I know only restart only works. Think it is some problem in retrieving the values from config.ini file. It is able to retrieve only for first deployment.. Don't know why..

Regards,

Harini S