cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement File to jdbc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am implementing a scenario where in data is passed from File to the database. I have completed the file adapter configuration part. now how do I implement the jdbc adpter part?

Which database can I use for testing on the local machine?

Can i download and use any database?

If i want to use Access as a database what all settings do i need to do in access and Xi?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

To access any DB from XI you need to install the corresponding driver on XI.

To do this check this document,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-9644e49f...

The only exception is to accesss MS ACCESS you do not need to intall a driver.To use JDBC adapter to access an Access DB, check this blog,

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

>><i>The only exception is to accesss MS ACCESS you do not need to intall a driver</i>

Can you pls clearify on this?? Why do you say no JDBC drivers are reqd. for MS-ACCESS. In the blog you mentioned /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn the author has said about <b>jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</b>.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai Shankar,

I think he means that no need to deploy drivers on sever when using MS Access which is not the case for others. Anyway we need to give the driver information in CC to access any database including Access.

Regards,

Sudheer.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Am not sure of the technical reason, but, yes, there is no need for an external driver to be installed to access MS Access DB.

I remember reading a thrread on SDN for this, but have not been able to locate it, Something to do with ODBC connectivity and DSN.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys,

What is the shared access path where i need to store the *.mdb file.

The Ms access db is on the local machine and the XI server is in the other city.

So what exactly will the Connection string be: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The db file should be kept in a location that can be accessed by XI server. Please ensure that the you permissions to XI to access the DB.Please refer this thread how to make the directory accessible by XI sever.

Regards,

Sudheer.

Message was edited by:

sudheer babu

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ashish,

><i>So what exactly will the Connection string be: jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//xiserver/xitemp/db/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;</i>

Share the folder in which the Access DB is running.

And then,

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=<b>//ipaddress of your machine/shared folder name</b>/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

You mean I have to share the Microsoft Office folder in the program files on the local machine or the folder in which i have stored the TestDB.mdb file?

So the path would be:

jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=//132.45.67.23/Microsoft Office/TestDB.mdb;Uid=yourid;Pwd=yourpwd;

Is this right?

Ashish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should be the folder on which the TestDB.mdb file is.

Share this folder and then use the ipaddress/foldername/TestDB.mdb.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In IR data type for receiver JDBC should follow the format please check the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might help you

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3867a582-0401-0010-6cbf-9644e49f...

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use access database for testing purpose

Driver you need to specify as sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

Connection you need to specify as jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (.mdb)};DBQ=shared location path\Details.mdb;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To use Access you need not do any extra configurations. Just create a JDBC receiver CC.

Regards,

Sudheer.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out these blogs

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Refer this weblog.

You can use any of the database like SQLSERVER.Oracle.But you have to deploy the jar files before use the drivers in JDBC Adapter.

Sekhar