cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Connector (Jco) sizing in a NW2004s cluster

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an EP7 cluster with 3 x SAP J2EE engines (multiple dispatcher and server processes running on multiple hardare). I am looking at sizing the Jco connection pools for ESS and MSS applications. This will involve changing the parameters against the Jco connection destinations - like 'maximum pool size' and 'maximum connections'. My question is, if for instance I was to change the 'maximum pool size' from the default value '5' -> '50', being that we have 3 J2EE engines, does this mean that potentially we could have 150 (3 x 50) connections allowed to the backend ABAP system ? Or are these settings global ? I can't seem to find a definite answer to this.

Thanks for your time,

Regards

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks Barry, but I'd already trawled through help.sap.com and saw these previously.

The documents seem to suggest that the SAP J2EE engine has a standalone component called the Java Connector which handles the connection pool(s).

I understand that a SAP J2EE Engine consists of 1 Dispatcher and one or more Server processes, therefore in my scenario I would say that we have multiple SAP J2EE Engines. Does this mean that we have multiple Java Connectors and therefore multiple Java Connector pools of the same name?

When I define the size of a Java Connector pool, does this mean that all Java Connectors are affected for this 1 pool?

If we have 3 SAP J2EE Engines and I defined the pool size of one Java Connector pool to 50, does this mean that the backend ECC system could have 150 RFC connections opened at any one time to facilitate this particular connection pool?

Regards

Anthony

Former Member