cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Problem: Schema validation error notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When a schema validation error takes place upon receiving XML messages via HTTP, is there something that can be set up in BPM to notify data owners? (either alert or email)

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

You can use exception handling block and then use Control Step to trigger an Alert and then follow the steps in the thread pointed by Prakash to send Alert Emails,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/4a773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that. Looks like you are teaming up with Prakash now.

Is there "exceptional handling" step? I'm talking about Source message schema validation here. It hasn't got to the mapping part.

Regards,

Steve

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

When you mean source schema validation, does it imply that you want to validate your Source XML before graphical mapping to make sure it meets the Source XML Schema?

or do you want to validate some value in the source?

Ifyou are using a graphical mapping, and the source XML does not confirm with the actual Source schema, there will be a mapping exception.

As you pointed out you are usinga BPM, you can wrap the Transfromation step with a Exception handling block, so when there is a mismatch of Source schema and ite actual message the exception handler will be invoked and in the exception handler you can trigger alerts using the control step.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

<i>When you mean source schema validation, does it imply that you want to validate your Source XML before graphical mapping to make sure it meets the Source XML Schema?</i>

validate my Source XML

<i>As you pointed out you are usinga BPM, you can wrap the Transfromation step with a Exception handling block, so when there is a mismatch of Source schema and ite actual message the exception handler will be invoked and in the exception handler you can trigger alerts using the control step.</i>

I'm using an outbound interface (outside BPM) to call the abstract interface (very first step in BPM), and there's a tranformation step after that.

-If the Source schema is wrong, will the error take place at the outbound interface or at the transformation step? If outside at the outbound interface, i wouldn't be able to wrap anything around it.

-Exception handling block means the BLOCK step?

Regards,

Steve

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

><i>If the Source schema is wrong, will the error take place at the outbound interface or at the transformation step?</i>

Will happen only tat the trasnformation step. Receive step will not validate your message will the actual message schema. the validation will occur only in transformation steps( only graphical mapping to be precise).

><i>Exception handling block means the BLOCK step?</i>

Put your Trasnformation step inside a BLOCK step and then right click on your Block and you wil have an option to add Exception Handler to this block and this is where the control will go if an error occurs in the mapping.

just like try-- catch in Java,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Great info. I'll give it a try. Thanks, man.

Regards,

Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can check out this recent thread on Alerts

Our Alert expert Bhavesh would help you further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that. Looks like you are teaming up with Bhavesh now.

Regards,

Steve

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

Isn't that what SDN is meant for? Place where you meet , ineract and learn?

Regards,

Bhavesh