Did you mean: 

Error in connecting SAP R/3&Load Runner thr' recording for script creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus!!

I am New to SAP environment.

I got the following Error

" Scripting Interface is disabled on SAP Server"

No action can be recorded on this connection.

What I try to do is:

I tried to connect the SAP R/3 (4.77 EE- IDES environment) through Load Runner (8.1 evaluation version) through recording for creating a script.

What I did at load runner :

Start Creating Script by by pressing "start recording" by giving the following options

Program to Record : SAP logon

Working Directory :C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui

Record into action : vuser_init

and in options : enable the Auto logon by providing the details of

SAP Server name,client,username,password and language.

By pressing OK button I got the above error and it was trying to connect the SAP.

If i give manually again logon details it is loging in to SAP but it is not recording any thing.

Can any body help in this regard?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Vam C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vam,

you have to activate Scripting on the server. For a quick solution use transaction <b>rz11</b> and change the the parameter <b>sapgui/user_scripting</b> to <b>TRUE</b>.

For permanent change you have to change the profile.

Best Regards

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HP

Was wondering if you can help me, I am trying to create a trouble shooting sheet for possible reasons why sap scripting fails to connect at some of our clients. We write a screen reader that consumes the sapfewse.oxc, I have implemented this in C sharp and have great results. However I constantly getting support issues that my screen reader fails to connect.

Often the problem is fixed by just enabling Scriping on the client or using RZ11, I noted that you seem to indicate, however that RZ11 is short term solution and you mentioned a permanent change.

Can you please give details on the permanent change and how one can achieve this. Could you also list any other possible reasons why connecting to scripting might fail. I will be happy to mail you my connection code for a peer review as well, I would feel more comfortable with expert stamp of approval.

Thanks

Shaun,

Your help will be much appreciated,