cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Print Forms - Graphics not printing correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on ECC 5.0, Adobe designer 7.0.

When directly Printing Adobe Forms (no through Print Preview) numerous Graphic elements are missing, have been incorrectly printed, or are present but unwanted.

Missing SAP graphic elements include color, background shading, symbols and lines, and frames. How can this be corrected?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivanda,

Does this mean that the print preview (i.e. PDF) is displayed correctly and only the printout (e.g. PCL, PostScript) is corrupted?

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have developed a PDFform and a driver program to print work order details. The PDF form and driver program were assigned to a shop paper(output type) in the work order print control configuration.

When we print the work order(IW32), we have the option to either "Priview" or "Print" the output(PDF). When we preview, the PDF is generated as designed (with all shadings/boxes etc.). But, when we select the print option, the PDF is sent to the printer and the PDF printed has missing borders and shading.

Regards,

-Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivanda,

If I understand you correctly, you are using a PDF printer. Thus the incorrect output might be related to the PDF version. This means that the previewed PDF looks fine because you are using a new Reader that understands the most current PDF version, whereas PDF printers usually are only aware of older versions. In ABAP you can set the PDF version when calling the function module FP_JOB_OPEN (SFPDOCPARAMS->PDFVERSION). If this does not help, I would propose that you open an OSS message.

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Philipp.

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by a PDF printer? I am printing to a HP Laserjet 4000 printer. Also, where do you find the PDFVERSION to pass to the function module FP_JOB_OPEN.

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivanda,

You wrote that you are sending the PDF to the printer, thus I thought that you are working with a PDF printer (i.e. there are devices that natively understand the PDF format). But as you are using a 'normal' printer, changing the PDFVERSION will not help. Do you print in PCL or PostScript format? I know that some shadings are not working well on PostScript printers. Maybe you could try another device...

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Philipp,

I am printing in PCL format. I am having the same problem when printing on other printers also.

Thanks for your help.

-Siva.