cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install Netweaver 2004s on my laptop along with Developer workplace and MAXDB/SQl server. Can anybody let me know what are the steps involved in this and what is the best option of the above database?

Thanks

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Either MSSQL or MAXDB are your best options since they are the least resource hungry. My preference is MSSQL since I am most familiar with it. You can run personal edition since its only a developer machine.

In terms of installing onto your laptop make sure you have enough memory and diskspace available. You will need local administrator rights on the machine.

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

Also do you need Developer edition of SQL? What is the difference between Developer edition and enterprise edition?

Thanks Prasad

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you need the developer (or personal) edition of SQL.

For installing on your laptop you wont notice any difference with the exception you will be prompted during install that its not supported, but you can ignore this.

>> whats the difference between Dev and enterprise edtion -

Discussed in the following forum: http://forums.devx.com/archive/index.php/t-18769.html

The SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition supports all of the SQL Server 2000

features, other than graphical utilities support for language settings. This

edition is for programmers developing applications that use SQL Server 2000

as their data store. This edition is licensed for use only as a development

and test system, not a production server.

In addition, the Enterprise version can only be installed on Server operating

systems (NT and 2000), whereas the developer editions can be installed in

NT 4.0 workstationa and Windows 2000 Professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last queation. When installing SAP Netweaver 2004s I am trying to use MAXDB and it prompts for file LABEL.ASC which has the 7.6 max db information for installation. Do I have to use something similar for SQL. What are the installation steps for NW 2004s with SQL database.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

try the installation number 10 or CD/DVD containing the max db folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we are running MS SQL Server 2005 in production, is ok to setup Developer Workplace with MS SQL Server 2000?

Answers (0)