cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems connecting to WD JCO Dest. because SLD server has 2 Network cards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're having problems using WD applications with references to JCO destinations. All servers in the landscape are set up with two NICs (Network Interface Cards) with IP's pointing to different Subnets.

The first is the "real" IP, whilst the second NIC is used as a "maintenance" channel for backup and other tasks. Our problem is that the SLD server seems to look up IPadresses for the other technical servers (R/3, ERP, etc.) on the service NIC instead of the other (the latter is the correct NIC to use).

We've tried to set entries in the hosts file on the SLD server, but not sure whether this cured it or not. We'd just like to know if there are guidelines when using multiple NICs in a J2EE / SLD server? We're currently installing the test environment, but due to restrictions in the DMZ zone ,we have to get an overview of FW openings needed to be implemented. Also not to enter a situation where JCO destinations only works "now and then".

Is there any way to override the SLD's J2EE to use ONLY the preferred NIC without having to disable the service NIC? We can see that the J2EE has referred to the "wrong" IP several places and that it is registered in the SLD as the main IP (host IP) for the SLD server.

BTW: The SLD is NOT on the portal host.

Hope you can help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Maybe the old information is being cached on the SLD. DId you try to restart your SLD cluster just to be sure ?

Could there be a problem with your routing too ? On UNIX/Linux you can use "route" or "netstat -r" to check your routing. Perhaps check this on the SLD server.

This is all I can really suggest at this time,

Regards

Anthony

0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

At the command line as <sid>adm on the SLD server, when you ping <j2ee host> does it give you the correct IP or the service IP ? If it gives you the wrong IP here, then yes, I think the host entry will work (provided you have told your server to resolve via the host file - for Linux you can set this in /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf).

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It gives me the correct IP when I ping yes. It's only when the SLD tries to resolve IP via JCO destinations. Yesterday I put in all hosts in my landscape into the hosts file of the SLD, disabled the NIC that it shouldn't be using and restarted.

Still it tries to resolve hosts in my landscape to 10.150.83.XXX. How is this possible??

Thanks - any other ideas?

.: HP