cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

My project is completed in portal A and i want it to be transpoorted to portal B how can I do this without deploying my project. (should i include de project in wd content admin in the package).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Goto->System adminstration ->Transport->Export.Here you can export your Portal Content to the local machine.

Caution:It will not Transport your System .

Regards

Nidhideep

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the idea I have to create manually a SDA file and include the portal content (EPA file) in it

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make it clear for myself. What do you want to transport? Portal content (iViews, pages, worksets, roles, etc.), web dynpro, ...

Because you are speaking about epa file, i suppose it is portal content. In that case, proceed in the following way:

If you don't have the development infrastructure, you need to export the content as an epa file (as mentioned above) and then import it in the target system. Check <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c5/56599164d0c04cb566ba0e2d7ed55c/frameset.htm">here</a> for more information on the import/export mechanism (Netweaver 2004).

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to transport the EPA file and the WD project in one package. Because I am not aloud to deploy my project (not using JDI) because of security reassons. I discovered i need to make a SDA file incl the EPA file. I am trying to encrypt the sapnote 696084, but I don't understand what is standing

Former Member
0 Kudos

How far do you get? Were you able to install the tool? Where do you encounter problems? Or aren't you able to use the tool?

The environment variables can be set as follows:

My Computer right click -> properties -> advanced -> environment variables

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well tool is installed and trying i.e. to create from an epa file an sda file and i get the message:

e:C:/Program Files/SAP/sapmake_util/build.xml:69: error in creating the archi

((create): Caught and ignored exception: C:\Program Files\SAP\sapmake_util\c:

sda.epa (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect))

using:

C:\Program Files\SAP\sapmake_util>epa2sda c:\com.shell.teamflow.wd.package.Teamf

low_20061127_035659.epa c:\documents and settings\e.oian\.dtc\Localdevelopment

\dcs\com.shell.teamflow\processtart\_comp c:\1\epa.sda

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use the tool as follows:

epa2sda <epa file> <dev comp name>

so in your case something like this (i guess)

epa2sda com.shell.teamflow.wd.package.Teamflow_20061127_035659.epa test

Former Member
0 Kudos

so The SAPMAKE_UTIL should be installed on the server then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everything is done client side, not on the server.

Okay I'll try to be more specific.

Open a command prompt and go to the directory where you extracted the sapmake util: cd C:\Program Files\SAP\sapmake_util\

Copy the epa file you want to convert to this directory.

Execute following command:

epa2sda com.shell.teamflow.wd.package.Teamflow_20061127_035659.epa <name dc>

The name for the dc you can choose freely. The util will create a file in the same directory that can be deployed with the SDM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, this worked. if I only transport the EPA file and the ear file to the other portal is that enough to get my WD running?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes normally that should be sufficient.

If you have configured certain things you also have to redo these configurations in the destination portal. I don't know if you are using JCO connections for example, but those you also have to configure.

If you are not using them same user database you also have to create new users and add the correct roles.

After deployment you should be able to see the portal content in the portal and access the web dynpro at his new url.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can transport, only if there is JDI configurated and active.

If you have realized a standalone application, you have to deploy the project into other environment like for DEV environment.

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You must have TRACK, where create your software component and inside it develop all of your Development Components.

Only in this way, the webdynpro can be transported from one system to another.

And obviously must be configurated the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In have no JDI or other Software.

It should be possible to transport it, without interfearing with the security rules

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without JDI there isn´t a concept of transport.

Without JDI, you can only deploy directly the application on different SYSTEM with SDM.

So you need the Message SERVER ip, the port and a SDM user of each system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what about creating a ACs file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never heard about an ACs file.

Like posted before. If you are not using the development infrastructure, there is no way to transport your project in an automated way. You can either deploy your project from within the developer studio to the next system or you can deploy it using the remote gui.