cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP <--> XI <--> JDBC-Sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am doing a synchronous scenario from Webservices to JDBC. I try to get Data from the SQL-Database (SQL-Server). But my problem is, that i have more than one SQL-Statement .

I am writing a program which call the Webservice. The Webservice is defined by XI and represents the Interface for the program to get Data from the SQL-Database. So I need a JDBC-Sender. This Sender allows only one SQL-Statement.

What I want is, that my program get different Data from Database by (for example) using different methods of the Webservice. Or have I to define Webservices just as many as SQL-Statements ?

Or do I have an error in reasoning?

Thanks for help,

Jens.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Do you want to retrieve the data from Database and send this into Webservice ?

If so, you need to have sender jdbc adapter which will poll the database for specific time interval.

If your scenario is get the data from Webservice and then retrieve the data from database, then you need to do Sender Webservice scenario and receiver jdbc scenario. i.e Webservice->XI->Database..

e.g

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

thank you for your fast reply.

Yes my scenario gets the data from XI-Webservice. And the XI-Webservice gets the data from the Database then again.

I want to write a program in the .Net runtime environment. This is also a Webservice. This .Net-Webservice communicate with the XI by using the XI-Webservice which represents the interface for getting Data from Database by using JDBC-Adapter. But I don't think that you are right - using Sender XI-Webservice and Reciever-JDBC because the help says:

"You need to configure the sender JDBC adapter to be able to send content from databases to the Integration Server"

This is what I want: Using XI-Webservice in .Net-Webservice as a Webservice-Reference, to call methods (with sending parameters) of the XI-Webservice, which give me the result of the SQL-Statement from the JDBC-Sender.

And at this point, there are more than one SQL-Statement necessary. This was my question: How using one XI-Webservice(-Interface) to call different SQL-Statements.

Sorry, XI is really tricky.

Many thanks in advance,

Jens.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To put things into perspective, this is what your requirement is,

A webservice will send some data to XI and then you need to select some data from a database and send it back to the Webservice.

This can be possible using a Synchronous Receiver JDBC adapter with a Select as ACTION.

Take a look at my blog for a synchronous select,

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step

You would need to make a Outbound Synch Message Interface for your Webservice and 2 mappings,

1. between Webservice request and JDBC request.

2. Between JDBC response and Webservice response.

This wil be a Synch Scenario with One Interface Mapping with the 2 synchronous interfaces.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, I think you are right. I changed my Topic to JDBC-Receiver :-).

But how to handle more than one SQL-Query/Statement ?

Regards,

Jens.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at my blog.

For every SELECT that you want to perform, simply create a STATEMENT level tag in the JDBC adapter's datatype and also add the appropriate ACESS level tag and the corresponding fields.

It is possible and if you can give the SELECT queries, I can help you create the datatype as welll.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

sorry, you are so right. Now I understand what you mean.

Thanks for your help and which you want to offer your assistance. First, I will try it by myself. If I got a problem, i would contact you.

Also many thanks to Krishna,

Jens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I always still don't understand XI-JDBC.

For example: My program need Data from Table A from the Database - call XI-Webservice and get the Data. The program processed this result (checkData, etc.). Done! ... Then the program needs Data from Table B and C - what to do ? Call another XI-Webservice ? No savvy!

Many thanks in advance,

Jens.

Message was edited by:

Jens Wohllebe

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem

Jens Wohllebe