cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling of RFC Exceptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the RFC exception messages in my XI process but don't know how to take it from here. Here's what I have -

I get several SOs in a message (via SOAP), I create several BAPIs out of this, send to SAP and RFC.responses are added sequentially to a receiver list (multicast sequential). Once all BAPIs are processed, the resp msgs are mapped to the "result" tag of the original message. All works great until I hit a RFC exception.

Here's the data flow - its a sync data process

SOAP => BPM => RFC

I now have a block around "send to SAP and receiver list". And in the block, the exception handler is defined to react to "SalesOrderException" which is assigned to exceptions in "Send to SAP step" for system error and BAPI - is this correct?

However, the RFC.exception I'm getting is not being mapped to anything. How should I handle this. I've looked at other blogs did not make much sense.

I'm getting the exception message in XI in this format and my SOAP session times out eventually.

<rfc:YXI_BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE.Exception xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"><Name>PARTNER_ADDRESS_NOT_FOUND</Name><Text>PARTNER_ADDRESS_NOT_FOUND</Text><Message><ID>null</ID><Number>000</Number></Message></rfc:YXI_BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE.Exception>

Thanks for all your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this will help you

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri,

The fist thread did not lead me to much information -

The second one talks about mapping exception to a new message type (call it errorMsg)...which I did. Now I want to create a Interface Mapping for my RFC.exception to errorMsg but I cannot related RFC.exception message type to any message interface.

Any idea how I can do this? very strange....

In my BPM, in the exception block, I want to create a transformation step which takes the RFC.exception and maps it to errorMsg.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it - is this usefull

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/04/08/reconciliation-of-messages-in-bpm

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agasthuri,

I'm familar with throwing alerts from exception branch. My question is how can I map RFC.exception to my own error message. There seems to be meaningful information coming back from the RFC in case of exceptions. I need to tap this information.

I did not find how I can achieve this from all the blogs you mentioned above.

Thank you, Pam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to handle exceptions in the BPM ...

you can go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Amaresh