cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many levels of hierarchy is supported in AII?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i heard that the mobile UI supports only two levels of hierarchy...

otherwise is it possible to have Container-Pallet-Case-Item such hierarchy?

thanks,

vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

with AII 4.0 SP3, we support multiple layers of hierarchy, as part of requirement from customers.

Regards,

George

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to use multiple hierarchies with fixed device controllers created by the parameter value (hierarchy_by_epc_filter) of the activity device_validate_40 in the rule pack.

Is it possible to build multiple hierarchies, considering the scenario described above?

For sending and receiving messages I use the Auto ID Test Tool.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amit / vijay / george,

I would like to know how exactly we can implement more level's of Taging.

1. do we have any UI for it.

2. do we have to configure the rules accordingly.

3. do we have to write custom code for it.

please let me know how we can acheive multi level taging(>2 level).

thanks,

vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

I believe multi-level tagging can only be done in stages. If you are not using a UI then a PML notification from a device controller can acheive packing hierarchies 2 at a time. So if you want to pack an item in a case and then the case in the pallet. You will have to first build the case to item hierarchy and then case to pallet hierarchy. I dont think the sequence matters and I beleive you can accomplish the same thing using a handheld- it would just be extremely tedious.

The hierachy will built via the PML notification based on pack levels (filter values) or the SSCC tag in the PML. Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amit.,

so you mean to say that it is very much possible to work with more that two hierarchy levels, right. How do we go about it.

Do we have to create our own webdynpro applications or ..?

ragards,

arul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vinoth,

Can you check out if you can Generate an EPC for the Container with encoding SSCC and the corresponding encoding like SGTIN etc for the items/pallet? I remember working on a similar scenario where the encoding can help for such a hierarchy.

Please keep us updated on this and let us know if you could resolve this.

Warm Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes if you are talking about Packing hierarchy then mobile supports two levels mentioned by you.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande