cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.pdf without using sapscript or smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all.

I am supposed to produce a report for wage type for an employee for a month. Now they want results in two format. One is sort of flat file in .PRN format. The other is a .pdf file, a sort of report. Now here i have a doubt. there is no sap script or smartform as the format they want in PDF. Does it mean i have to create a new sap script or smartform for it.

Isnt there any other method where i can create the structure they want without using sap script or smartforms?

the structure they want is like a balance sheet. If someone wants then i can mail them the format they want?

thanks for ur help in advance..

Reena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

There is no compulsory that you should convert into PDF for SAP Script or Smart forms only. You can convert any thing which availabe as OTF SPOOL. or ABAP SPOOL. Try with this program RSTXPDF5 to convert ABAPSPOOL into program .

(or)

Try this sample programs .

<a href="http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/reporting/rep_spooltopdf.htm">Program1</a>

<a href="http://sapabap.iespana.es/sapabap/sap/apc/zabap_2_pdf.htm">Program2</a>

Regards,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya but my problem is how can i get the structure they want??

for that do i have to create a sapscript or smartform??

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reena,

For designing a layout you must use any one of Sapscript or smartforms (or ADOBE forms in the latest versions).

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ravi;

Can you give me more info about adobe forms? r they advisable over sap script or smartform?

how do i go about it??

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Defineitely yes. I don't have much info about them. Please search sdn for more info about the Adobe forms. Basically Adobe forms are easier to develop and it would have additional features like Interactive ability also.(User actions possible on them).

Regards,

ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hullo,

try converting the spool to pdf

Function Module: CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF

This will convert your spool request to a PDF file on your desktop.

As an example look into this program (4.6x): RSTXPDFT4.