cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy NW2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can anybody tell me, how i can do a client copy in SAP Netweaver 2004s.

I have create a new Client with transaction SCC4, and the i would login to the new client with sap*, but all passwords i tried are incorrect.

Regards Herbert Heppner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to change the system profile parameter via RZ10 login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to 0 (and the system restarted after that), then login into new client with user id SAP* .

Regards

Subhash

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

the hint with the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

was the right solution. After the insertion of this parameter and a restart of zhe SAP System, i could logon to my copied client with SAP* and Password PASS.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards

Herbert Heppner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need for this kind of heavy discussion..

If the user SAP* is not working then, just open the SQL prompt with sysdba role.

View the USR02 table and delete the corresponding entries for sap* from field MANDT & BNAME [where MANDT is your client no and BNAME is your user id means sap* ] this will reset the password entry for the SAP* user. Then just restart your Server and see that the SAP* is working with sap* pwd.

From the version 6 and above the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sap* is set to be 0.. its default value.. so not compulsary to set that parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

I guess then this settles the issue.

Thanks.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

May be I didnot put it the right way.

If the profile parameter woulld have been the issue then in my opinion Herbert would not have been able to login into 000 also using SAP*

That is why asked Herbert if he had logged in with SAP* in 000.

If he has done the login with DDIC which is another possibility then the profile parameter may be an issue. I hope you agree with my reasoning.

Hello Subhash,

I am not really sure whether what you have stated "that by default SAP* is locked in NSP with new client. it works only 000 001 and 066" is correct. May be yes may be no.

The profile parameter is not client specific nor is SAP* locked in new clients.

In fact if I remember correctly SAP* physically does not exist in new clients . I mean at USR02 level. I had once checked this with the help of an SQL query on USR02. I did it a long time back so really not cent percent sure about this but still I have an inkling.

SAP* is hard coded along with password PASS.

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/52/671792439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

But I really dont as of now agree that SAP* is locked in all new clients other than 000 etc.. before the profile parameter is changed.

Hello Herbert,

It could be of any number of reasons but as I guess the important thing is that we solve the issue. So may be you can given the profile parameter thing also a try. Rememeber it doesnot exist by default. You need to add this parameter with value 0.Let us see how it works out.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Message was edited by:

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Regarding SAP* locking by default, please see SAP Note 806819:

"If you are referring to the emergency user account (SAP* with hardcoded password PASS): as of SAP_BASIS 7.0 the default value of profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar (see note 68048) has been changed according to the philosophy "secure by default".

If you require the emergency user account, you need to set the profile parameter explicitly: login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

This is intended and will not be reverted."

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

In my opinion it may not be an issue with login/no_automatic_user_sapstar cos then Herbert would have not been able to login into client 000 and others and create the new client.

Hi Herbert,

I hope you are able to login into 000 using SAP*

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Your reply is inaccurate. If other users had been created with the proper authorizations in client 000, then it is possible not only to log in, but to create new clients.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

What actually i was trying to say that by default SAP* is locked in NSP with new client. it works only 000 001 and 066. if u will create a new client you have to change the parameter valuse first.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

by default in all SAP Systems running on WAS 7 . SAP* is locked . as subash said you need to set the parameter in your instance porfile and restart the SAP system and then login with SAP* and password PASS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

i've tried both version, but nothing works.

Regards Herbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Herbet,

SAP Netweaver 2004s passwords are case sensitive. So try out both pass and PASS.Normally PASS should work.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan, i've tried this, but i only got the message : Password or username incorrect.

Also i have tried SAPSTAR but with the same result.

Regards Herbert

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Herbert,

try SAP* password PASS

Regards

Juan

Please reward with points if helpful