cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapterless concept in future

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we send data in xml format to XI SERVER without adapter.I mean adapterless setup in future. Is anybody working in such type of product design? We should not use proxies also.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

As far as I know, only using proxies are termed as adapterless communication ( even there you use the XI adapter ) . Dont think there has been anything publishd on communication without adapters and proxies so far.

Check this out also..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even now you don't need a adapter if you are directly sending a XML to XI. You can directly send the XML document to the integration engine thru the pipeline URL.

Regards,

Prakash

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karthikeyan,

Without adapters you can use SAP Business connector but it has it's limitation.

we're using adapters in XI to reduce the TCO in the landscape.

For example:if we use adapterless concept by achieving through point to point integration which will be expensive for integration.At end of day everbody sees COST for integration...

By using XI the major benefit is we can reduce the TCO..

Regards,

Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karhikeyan,

Refer this blog by Michal

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible

Regards,

Sudheer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope certain business rules can be framed while exchange the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some people who can come forward to tell some possibiltes to have adapterless data exchange in future since i am workin on it

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Applications based on SAP WEB AS version 6.20 or higher can communiate with the XI in the native XI-SOAP format via proxies.

ABAP Proxy Scenarios:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Java Proxy Scenarios:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Go thro' the above scenarios to feel how advantageous is proxy within the SAP landscape.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You need send your xml to pipeline:

<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&service=<service>&namespace=<namespace>&interface=<interface>

or something like that:

<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&amp;version=3.0&amp;Sender.Service=<service>&amp;Interface=<namespace>%5E<interface>

in such case you are not using adapter at all. You have to provide in your URL sender service, interface and namespace. Test tool in runtime workbench works like that.

Regards,

Wojciech

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

You will have proxy in that case. Just think of technically how can a system understand a message if it is not in some standard format. So we go for some kind of module which would convert a data from specific format to XML or some standard uniformformat. To do this we need adapters and everyone would agree on this. But if you need to avoid adapter that it would be proxies and again the proxies are a small piece of code which would convert one specific format to a standard format or XML. So ultimately if you are thinking of something like adapterless communication it can be proxy or simething simillar to that. Even if there is something its just will have a difference in Name but the job of that would be the same.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can send it directly either using direct access to XI Pipeline (here you need some structure) or using plain http adapter.

Regards,

Wojciech