cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Control in SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´m working in a XI proyect. It is a quite simple interface, File(FTP) to proxy abap (SAP R/3). This is not a problem for me. But the customer ask for a very robusted interface, because of this they ask me to control for example if the systems are down or if the ftp is locked. Any idea how to recover an error from an adapter?

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Noelia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure your alerts to capture all system errors

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is fine but i have to develop a BPM for use alerts? Is that correct?

Many thanks

Regards

Noelia

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPM is not needed. XI AlertFramework can be used to automatically initate an Alert whenever an error occurs in XI (without using a BPM).

You create an Alert Category in ALRTCATDEF.

You create Alert Rules in RuntimeWorkbench and now when an error occurs that satisfies the Alert Rule, an Alert will be sent to the Alert Inbox.

You can also forward the alert to the Email and so on. Michal's blog would surely help you configure alerts.Take a look at it.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!!!

Many thanks for your help!

One question more, I was reading about something called auto-reaction method, for mail and also for executing SO commads. But i don´t understand if those methods can be used from alertFramework in SAP XI.

This is becase I have to execute one SO command to send the error info to an exertnal system.

Many thnaks

Noelia

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To send emails,

1.Assign the Email Id to the recipient of the Alert in SU01.

2.Go the Alert Inbox of the recipient in RWB , Personalization  Time Independent Delivery  Email.

3.If SCOT has been configured, for every Alert sent to the Alert Inbox of the user, the Alert Email will now be triggered.

4.Text of the mail will be the Long Text defined in ALRTCATDEF.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

Please take a look at this..

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noelia,

As Vijaya had mentioned, configure alerts for the adapters in your interface. By configuring alerts, you can expect XI to either send you a mail, fax or an sms whenever there is an error in your adapter. For more details on how you can configure alert rules, please take a look at these...

Alert configuration for adapters is possible from SP14 onwards.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=alert%20configuration&cat=sdn_all#

You can also take a look at SAP note 913858

Hope this helps you!

cheers,

Prashanth

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like mentioned by Vijaya, you can configure Alerts to Adapter Engine Errors.

Take a look at this blog by Michal for this,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos