cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access CSV via JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with a JDBC Connection to CSV-Files. I installed the JDBC driver on the server. I created a new system (Driver Class Name: org.relique.jdbc.csv.CsvDriver // Connection URL: jdbc:relique:csv:/"directory"). The connection test in the portal says "Connection successful". But in Visual Composer i get the following error message: "Error -21003Cannot retrieve catalogs and schemas. Database.MetaData.getTablePriviliges(String,String,String,String[])unsupported"

Any ideas?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

I have tried the reliqoue driver and I got the same error. The problem is that the driver is not fully implemented (missing a lot of functions, i.e. getTables). All you have to do is to implement a few functions (getTables and getColumns in CsvDatabaseMetadata class - you have to create a result set with names of csv files as a tables (in getTables) and the result set with names of columns - parse the first line of csv file). In class CsvStatement you have to change function execute (call executeQuery and save the result) and getResultSet (return the saved result from there). And thats all. This should work.

Regards

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivo,

if you have already done it, can you give us the modified csvdriver as a download or you can send your modified driver to someone from SAP (e.g. Mario) and he can post a link for downloading the driver over SDN.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the following:

1) using the full path to the CSV-file?

2) Does your VC-user have the proper authorization to access the share with the CVS-file?