cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF in Firefox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to display PDF document which was created at runtime. I have used an interactive form for displaying but it works only in IE (Firefox doesnt, I have read it is not supported because of activeX). So can you tell me how to display pdf file in firefox (and others)?

Thank you

Ivo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivo,

If you're using NW04, then Adobe IF is only supported by IE. If you are using NW04s SP8 or higher (i am not sure about the SP level, so please check), then there is a way to display a PDF in Firefox. If you place a Interactive form UI element on your View there is a property (i don't no the name and don't have a system right now) where you can switch between ActiveX or Native. If you select Native the PDF will be displayed in IE and Firefox.

Hope it helps.

ps. tomorrow morning i will check the property name and will post it here.

<b>Edit:</b> Ivo i looked at the property name it is DisplayType.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Message was edited by:

Maarten Duits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

do you know if there are some restrictions to change this property from "activeX" to "native" ?

I have a really simple interactive form with only one field embedded in a WD. The form has its "displayType" property set to "native" : I test this web dynpro on 2 different WAS 7.0 SP9. On one system the form displays in both Firefox (1.5.06) and IE, on the other system it displays neither on IE nor on Firefox (here we get an error popup saying something like "the plugin performed an illegal operation").

The 2 sytems are at the same SP level. One is a standalone J2EE (not working), the other is an ABAP add-in (working). Do you know if this makes a difference ?

Any other idea ?

Regards,

Julien

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

I don't now if there are any restrictions to change the property from "ActiveX" to "Native".

As far as i know it should work on both machines. The only thing i can think of, is that on the local J2EE engine the ADS isn't configured right.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For your information Integration of interactive forms in Web Dynpro is only supported for Microsoft Internet Explorer.

please refer to note: 863893

Thanks,

kris