cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTPS in asynchronous mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can you customize response messages for Success or Failure scenarios when being called by clients via HTTPS in asynchronous mode?

Regards,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

When you call your HTTP Client in an Asynch Mode using QOS of EO and EOIO , it would not be possible to send a response back.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

<i>When you call your HTTP Client in an Asynch Mode using QOS of EO and EOIO , it would not be possible to send a response back.</i>

If so, how would the sender know if server has successfully received its request or if there's any schema validation error?

Regards,

Steve

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

In the case of BE, the client is sent the end status for the processing; in the case of EO and EOIO, processing occurs asynchronously and the client only receives a confirmation of receipt with HTTP status ‘200’. If you are expecting a response back saying there is a schema validation error then sure you will need to go for Sync.

Check out this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/64db4daf9f30b4e10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

In my scenario, transaction may take quite long to complete with tons of validation logics, but I don't want the senders to wait for a long time that causes timeout, that's why i'm thinking Async here.

So you are saying in Async mode:

There's no way to customize success messages?

And no way to customize failure messages to reflect specific system/application errors?

Regards,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

Fault message types are designed for application-specific errors that occur on the inbound side and that are reported back to the sender or persisted in monitoring.

But if you want for Asynch messages we can use this type of messages only for an asynchronous ABAP server proxy is persisted for monitoring. In the case of asynchronous of Java server proxies, the fault message is part of a negative application acknowledgement.

For detail help please go through the url:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/55/c5633c3a892251e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Also go through this weblog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

Hope this helps.....

---Satish