cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding a custom developed portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have implemented SAP 4.7 in our company. we have a requirement to develop a custom developed web portal (not SAP Enterprise Portal).Which can be used by end users as SAP front end to perform the transactions required by them( like create sales order/purchase order etc...). We are going through many connectors for it(SAP .NET connector/ JCO/ BC). But I would like to know about your views regarding this issue. I would like to which architecture would be best suited for this kind of application.

If at all anyone of you developed such kind of application.Please send your views/architectures/documents to nageshar@gmail.com. Waiting for your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Varma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Varma,

In general, all the connectors enable connectivity to SAP Systems. I think that the answer to your question depends on the way you will implement the custom portal.

1. If you develop the custom portal using Microsoft .NET languages ( C#, VB.NET ), then you need SAP .NET Connector ( NCO ) . SAP .NET Connector installation includes samples for using it. There is a guide that explains how-to develop ASP.NET application using SAP .NET Connector:<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/51/d5470940fd564b888f4beb9523fa6c/content.htm">Creating ASP .NET Web Applications Using the SAP .NET Connector</a>

2. If you develop the custom portal using Java, then you need SAP Java Connector ( JCO ). I beleive that there are samples for Java too, but my expertise is .NET

Regards,

Rima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

I have already used this SAP .NET Connector for reporting purpose. I am thinking about the same to use for my custom web development. Can you help me in designing the architecture for the solution. Because I have some gray areas in the architecture. Please help me in this regard.

Thanks in Advance.

Nagesh Aswartha

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh Aswartha,

Custom Web Portal Architecture is a very general topic. It would be easier for me to assist you if you would ask a specific questions regarding the "gray areas" in your design.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

I could not find your mailing address in your profile, if you don't mind can you please give me your mailing address for me.

We need to finalize the project within two weeks, i can propose this if you help in this architecture...

regards,

Nagesh Aswartha

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh Aswartha,

I updated my profile with the e-mail address.

Regards,

Rima.