Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO connection for Meta Data fails

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the WebAS Preview version with SP9. I had installed it once and had succesfully configured the JCo connection to my R/3 system. After I re-installed the WebAS after a <i>system format</i>, I have configured the <b>JCo for both model & metadata</b>. Both are configured to connect to the <b>same R/3</b> sytem with the same user/password combination. But the JCo connection for model data pings and test come OK. But the one for <b>metadata fails</b> (ping as well as test).

I have tried creating more JCo connections with different names, but again the model one works, but not the metadata one.

Can anyone figure out why this is happening?

Regards,

Sumith.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumith,

it would be easier to help, if you would post the error message you receive in your meta-data connection....

kr, achim

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error that I get when testing the JCo connection is:

<i>com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=ltilsap GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=LTI MSSERV=sapmsLTI PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR service 'sapmsLTI' unknown TIME Fri Jan 21 16:37:40 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 37 RC -3 MODULE ninti.c LINE 494 DETAIL NiPGetServByName2: service 'sapmsLTI' not found SYSTEM CALL getservbyname_r COUNTER 1</i>

and when I ping it gives:

<i>Failed to ping JCo destination 'LTI_WDMETADATA_DEST'.</i>

But the connection for model data works perfectly for the same set of configuration.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumith

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i guess, you're using an application server for your model data, that connects successul.

for the metadata you <b>have to</b> use a message server. and this connection can't be established because in your "services"-file seems to be the entry for sapmsLTI missing (its located in /etc/ or %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc).

also make sure, that in your SAP System LTI the logon group PUBLIC exists (transaction SMLG).

kr, achim

feel free to reward points if this answers your question

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell me what is the entry that has to be added in the "services" file.

In my SAP system, the logon group does exists.

Regards,

Sumith.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

make an entry that looks like this:

sapms<SID> <tab or whitespace> 36<Systemnr.>

in your case, it would be:

sapmsLTI 3600 (i guess 00 is your system number, you can see it in your saplogon-entry, too)

kr, achim

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added the entry <b>sapmsLTI 3600/tcp</b> in the services file in on my WebAS server. But still I can't ping or test the metadata connection. It gives me the same error.

What else could be the problem?

Regards,

Sumith.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have you restarted the server?

please try the command:

telnet <hostname> sapmsLTI

kr, achim

sumith_rajagopalan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I had to restart the machine for the changes to take effect. Once started again, the problem was solved.

Thanks,

Sumith

Answers (0)