cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glossary of XI Terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI I am trying to build up my glossary of XI Terms and was wandering if someone could give me the meanings (exactly what they are and do) and maybe an example of the following. I will reward top points for answers thank you:

Custom Mapping

Value Mapping

Acknowledgements

Advanced Optimisation

Performance Tuning

Streamlining Processes

Cut Over

Integration Testing

Integration Engine Tuning

Advanced Queue Processing

Proof of Concept

I know these are relatively simple but I just want to make sure I understand them better and whats involved....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anybody that could add to this at all please?

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Integration Testing : Testing the interface along with the other Interface so that we can confirm that it is not effecting the other interfaces.

Proof of Concept : Called as POC a proof whether we can do it practically or not.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

i can help you for some terms:

> Custom Mapping

Mapping done without Message Mapping Tool, but with Java Mapping, ABAP Mapping or XSLT Mapping

> Acknowledgements

There are 2 type of ackowledgements:

transport acknowledgements to confirm that the message has been successfully delivered.

System Acknowledgements: to confirm that the message has been delivered and successfully processed by the target system.

For idoc acknowledgement take a look to this document:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003477212005E/HowTo_IDOC_Ack_20040817RR.pdf

> Performance Tuning

Tuning of the application server for performance optimization:

for J2EE tuning take a look to Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.30/6.40/7.0

Hppe this help

Francesco

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos