cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to navigate between two different applications in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create two web dynpro applications(say A & B).

I know that how to navigate from one Web dynpro application A to Web dynpro application B.

I also know that it is possible only if the two applications are under the same project.

Now my problem is how to navigate from A to B, if these applications are in different projects.

Is it possible to do? If so, How can I do this?

If not, let me know the other way to work around.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

See this thread:

Regards, Suresh Kb

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have also created a couple of applications and they all reside in different projects. Maybe not the most clever thing to do, but that´s how it is.

Now I want to send information between the different applications, and I thought I could use Portal Eventing, but it seems like you have to have the applications in the same project to be able to do that.

Is there anyone out there who knows if it´s possible to use portal eventing for applications in different projects (or have tried it?). I have search the wonderful internet, but that didn´t give me any hope....

Hope you can help me.

/Pjä

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this threads,

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

My problem is not yet solved. What exactly I am looking is....I am creating a webdynpro project. later I created an application in that. Now I want to fire the exit plug of Interface view controller to navigate to view of other project.

My exact requirement is How can I navigate to a view of other project from my current project?

Is it possible?

Thanks & Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

See this Thread

Kind Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

I could able to navigate between different project iviews using portal service WDPortalNavigation. I have done this and it worked.

Sorry, but my intention is How to navigate between two different views of different web dynpro projects. I mean to say, for illustration I have created two projects A & B of type web dynpro. Now I want to navigate from view of project A to view of project B (but not with portal service WDPortalNavigation) .

Is there any workaround to do? Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj.

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Did you tried Portal eventing?.

Raise event in one iview and subscribe event in other iview initialize method.

WDPortalEventing.fire("urn:com.aaa.bbb","ID",IDValue);

WDPortalEventing.subscribe("urn:com.aaa.bbb","ID",wdThis.wdGetIDAction());

Regards, Suresh KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the response.

I haven't tried portal eventing.

Please give me more information/assistence on this portal eventing. Any docs on this?

As it is an immediate issue to be resolved ASAP, your information is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is not restricted only to Webdynpro Projects, please go ahead and create 2 Development components(DCs).Where in you can add one DC as a child DC in another.And hopefully you can navigate as expected.

-np