cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying data of 1 view context node to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to copy data of an entire Node (and value attributes) to another node , all within a view context.

What code does this in one go? Until now I have been looping over each value attribute using the ...setXxx(...getXxx);

Thanks,

faB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, maybe I am going about this incorrectly in the first place.

what I want to do is the following:

a table is exported from one R/3 function module into my webdynpro. I want to then import this same table to a different function module (to save any changes a user has made).

I have thought I need to copy values between two nodes because a view node seems to be map-able to a controller only one time.

No?

faB

Message was edited by: faB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try WDCopyService.copyElements(IWDNode Source, IWDNode target).

It works for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi faB

Here is a solution for your post.

1)First you will map 1st R/3 Function module to coustom controller and inturn from coustom controller to webdynro UI elements. Once after User changes (plays with data) then your requirement is to set these values to another R/3 module.if it so you create value/node attributes of your own in component/coustom controller map the new user changed values to newly creted value/node attributes of component/coustom controller (by suitably getting and setting methods) and them map component/coustom controller to R/3 function module attributes..

Hope this helps you

Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Message discarded -- I did'n admit that you want to copy nodes in same view]

Consider context mapping.

1. Create custom controller in component.

2. Create context nodes in custom controllers these correspond to common context in views A and B

3. In every view on "Properties" tab add custom controller created? and map context nodes of view to context node in custom controller.

This way data in both vies will always stay in synch without copying.

VS

Message was edited by: Valery Silaev