Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily lock PA30 from a group of employees

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have had the request in which the payroll department would like to temporarily disable transaction PA30 - Maintain Master Data - from everyone except the payroll department before they begin the payroll process for the week. Anyone know of a simple solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick and dirty way worth considering => Create a Z auth object (su21) with a unique field and value for those who should still be able to start PA30 directly from the command box. Add this object / field / value to a role and assign the role only to them. (Note: there might already be such a unique authorization which only they have, so you could reuse it in what follws below).

Go to SE93 -> enter PA30 and select change mode and change the "Authorization" flag (additional authorization check <b>together with</b> transaction start) to this object / field / value. Default is not maintained so you will not be decreasing security. It will also make no difference once the use is in PA30, only prevent the start of PA30 when started from the command wondow.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick and dirty way worth considering => Create a Z auth object (su21) with a unique field and value for those who should still be able to start PA30 directly from the command box. Add this object / field / value to a role and assign the role only to them. (Note: there might already be such a unique authorization which only they have, so you could reuse it in what follws below).

Go to SE93 -> enter PA30 and select change mode and change the "Authorization" flag (additional authorization check <b>together with</b> transaction start) to this object / field / value. Default is not maintained so you will not be decreasing security. It will also make no difference once the use is in PA30, only prevent the start of PA30 when started from the command wondow.

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth

You can not lock a transaction for a limited number of users.

What you can do is either:

1. Remove access to PA30 for a period of time, by assigning this transaction, to one or more roles. You can then, using user mass maintenance, limit the access to this role to a specific period. This will, however require some manual, turning on and turning of, of access right.

2. another option - and I think I would prefer this, is to create a transaction variant for Payroll, giving this another t-code e.g. Z_PA30. You can now lock transaction PA30 using SM01, and grant access to payroll to Z_PA30.

A small step-by-step guide to creating variant transaction can be found <a href="http://morten.hjorth.nielsen.googlepages.com/Stepbystepguide-transactionvariants.mht">here</a>

Regards

Morten Neilsen

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like this functionality does not exist. I am closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

I thought both Julius and Morten have provided a valuable solution to your question.

It might not be the simple solution you are looking for but your reply u201Cthis functionality does not existu201D is not accurate.

Another solution should you chose to implement it is Profile Definition (PD). Only give the Payroll dept org structure the maintain value.

Good Luck!