cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return delivery error while displaying the confirmation in EBP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I face an error in EBP when I try to return delivery after confirmation of PO. Just to explain you all in detail-

I created a shopping cart, ordered it and then confirmed it using Create Confirmation. Now when i try to make <b>Return Delivery</b>, it gives me an error saying, No return delivery can be entered for confirmation, followed by another error- Interface data contains errors.

Pls help!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls help me to solve this!!!

Any help on this end will be rewarded...

Thanks,

Swapna

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Waht is your EBP release ?

What is your scenario ? standalone ? classic ? ECS ?

If classic or ECS, once your GR is created, please try to go directly in the backend and do a return delivery to see if it is working.

If you are using a service PO, the return delivery button should be disable (OSS note) in SRM screen ! If not this is a bug.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

My EBP release is EBP 3.5.

I am really sorry but I am new to EBP. Please bear with me and my questions.

How would I know what is my scenario? Where do I check it?

As far as I know, Purchase Order gets created when we create a shopping cart & order it.

When does a Goods receipt get created?

I will detail out the problem that I am facing right now.

I created a shopping cart, ordered it, purchase order gets created in backend (R/3).

I created confirmation for the same. But when I try to do a return delivery, it gives me the errors 'No return delivery can be entered for confirmation', followed by

'Interface data contains errors' .

Pls let me know how do I resolve this.

Many thanks Yann!!

Regards,

Swapna

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Because PO is created only in the backend, you are using classic scenario.

Please go in your backend.

then in transaction MBRL (return delivery), type your good receipt number then enter.

Try to save your return delivery.

Does the system issue any error message.

I want here to know if you can create a return delivery directly in the backend.

If yes, then the error is on SRM...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Where will I get Goods receipt no??

Is the Confirmation same as Goods receipt no?? or we get this no in R/3 PO transaction ME23n?

Pls bear with me!!

Regards,

Swapna

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

You can get the GR doc number from :

- ME23N in the PO history tab at item level

- SRM shopping cart history

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Yaan!!!

I tried to create a return delivery using MBRL transaction in R/3. I get a status message ' Document does not contain any items'.

I assume this could be because PO quantity(entered while created shopping cart)and confirmed quantity (while creating confirmation) is the same. So probably it does not have any items to return.

I will also mention the behaviour that i came across while making a return delivery in EBP. Lets say I created a shopping cart where the quantity is 3. I order it. PO gets created in backend. Now while creating confirmation in EBP, if I change the Confirmed quantity to 2, it successfully creates a return delivery.

I am not able to understand this. Is it necessary that the PO quantity & Confirmed quantity should differ?? Also, while debugging i came acroos the formula which considers Overdelivery tolerance . what is its role here??

Thanks a lot Yann, once again.

Hoping to get a resolution soon

Warm Regards,

Swapna

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Overdelivery means that you can receive more that the quantity ordered.

By default in SAP (configuration point) once quantity delivered is equal to quantity ordered, the final delivery flag is set in the PO.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann,

Agreed. Does this imply that I need to change the PO quantity while creating a confirmation?

What if I dont want to change it, keep it the same as PO quantity, will I not be able to do a return delivery?

I am perhaps not clear with this functionality. Million thanks for your patience in answeing my questions.

Regards,

Swapna

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to do a return delivery for a quantity less or equal to the one received.

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

This sounds logical too. But the issue is If the quantity is less, I am able to do a return delivery but if both the quantities are same, then it gives me the error.

Any idea as to why is the error coming?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

As per your suggestion, I tried to do a return delivery through backend with PO quantity same as delivered quantity. I am able to do a return delivery successfully. So the error seem to be in EBP,, is it?

While debugging BBPCF02, I noticed that it calls a function module -

BBP_CF_ASSIGNMENT_BACKEND.

In this function module, it calls a routine tolerance_check_backend which checks for the below code

lv_open_tol_quan = is_tol_check-quantity

• ( 1 + is_tol_check-overdel_tol / 100 )

- is_tol_check-deliv_qty.

If this field lv_open_tol_quan is 0, it throws the error.

Now in backend, where the purchase order gets created, i checked for over delivery tol,,its 0.

so if both the qtys are same, I will alwz get the same error.

Can you please help me to understand this???

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

and since

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Did you already checked OSS note 701724, 759399 and 778489.

I don't not yet your SP level but these notes could apply to your system...

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,,

These notes are already applied to my system.

My BBPCRM level is SAPKU35009. Can u pls let me know if any other note can help me??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,

The issue is solved.

OSS Note 868589 helped.

I am now able to do a return delivery even if the PO qty is same as delivered qty.

Thanks for all your help & advice.

Best Regards,

Swapna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yann,,

SAP Note 868589 solved my problem. Since my SP level was SAPKU35009, correction 408122 worked for me.

But I would like to extend my sincere thanks for all your help & advice.

Regards,

Swapna

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Glad to know that your issue is solved ))

Have a nice day,

Kind regards,

Yann

Answers (0)