cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a order which is in synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

In the current MAM25 application in operation list jsp the following code is used to check if the order is in sync

//Following determines if order is in sync and therefore non-editable

boolean orderInSync=false;

if ( order.getSyncStatus() == order.STATUS_IN_SYNC )

orderInSync = true;

what if i still want to create a new operation and remove this check will it affect the synchronization. Is there any restriction for updating a order which is in synchronization.

Thanks

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

It depends on what kind of changes have been done on this order.

In theory and in terms of sync. processs there is nothing wrong with removing this check for this particular case.

Why this check is there? It's a general principle of MAM because there can be all kinds of scenario, e.g.:

1. this was a new order not even created on the backend yet. If it gets rejected from the backend it will be deleted from the device, error will result in your new operation create with no reprocessing to fix it.

2. It was a global order but as a result of previous change it gets deleted from the device. Again, I don't think error handling will be good for this case, especially in production environment.

Cheers,

Larissa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gopi,

you can remove the check and still modify your syncbo instance. your changes

will be upload on the sync; but since the response to the previous upload will be

received during this sync, your modifications might temporarily be overwritten with

the server state and replaced again when the response to the latest uploaded data

is received in the client. on the API level, there's no restriction at all.

on the application level however, if the business logic requires that the client data

MUST be in sync with the server state for modification, then you are restricted

according to the application design. in this case, removing the check might change

the BAPI's behavior in the middleware. you might try it out or check it with a MAM consultant.

hope this helps

jo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo

Thanks a lot for you reply

I want to clarify few things here

<b>Scenario</b>

The user will make some changes to a order and he will synchronize.After the sync he would open the same order and make some more change and sync again.

I am not worried about what the server is sending back to me since i am not displaying these changes to the user.

do you see any problem in the above scenario?.

Thanks

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

It should not be a problem as you will complete syncing and again trying to modify the same order.

Once you modify the order after Sync, and again sync it so that the lastest order chnages get effected in Server

Cheers,

Karthick