Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing RETURN table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I would like to know how to access the RETURN message from the BAPI

In one of our MAM implementation our client has a customized goods issue transaction so when the goods are ordered from the mobile for a maintenance activity the corresponding response from the backend(R/3) is sent in MAM25_001 return table.

Thanks

Gopi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

After each BAPI call there is SyncBO exits available. This is available in Downloader as well as the Uploader function modules.

Goto the Function Group Z_MEREP_GEN_<SyncType>_<SyncBO Name>

Under this there will be 5 function Modules (if >SP18). or 4 Function Modules (if <SP18).

If you goto the FM Z_MEREP_GEN_T03_____<SyncBO Name>. Here after getlist and getdetail BAPI we can find exits.

To enter coding in SyncBO Exits goto MEREP_SBUILDER. Under the Menu SYNCBO goto 'Maintain Exits'. Then you get a popup asking which FM needs to be modified. Then select Downloader (t02) or uploader (t03). Then you get a screen which indicates where the Exits are present. Goto the exit after the BAPI call and enter your custom coding.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham

thanks for ur reply

I am more concerned about accessing these messages through the MAM code.

I believe error messages are also sent through these return tables, I just want to know if we can access the return messages(other the errors) the same way.

Thanks

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

My accessing thru MAM code you mean is it on the client code ???.

If yes, all the return messages are not sent to the client. It is either a Success or Error or Conflict messages that are sent to the client. So if you are looking at sending a particular message. There must coding done on ther Server Side (ABAP) and as well as the client side. On the server side I have already mentioned where the coding needs to be done. I guess you need to populate the outbox with new message which needs to be handled on the client. On the client side I am not sure what needs to be done for your requirement.

Thanks...

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I am not sure whether i understand the quiry properly or not. I hope the following will help you:

1)Take one scenario, customer syncbo, where we need to create customer, when the create BAPI is invoked, it will get executed and gives a messege saying that

"customer is sucessfully created"(These messeges can be modified/create as our wish) so

If this is ur requirement.

We need to create a messege class and call this class in BApi as below

lds_return-message_v1 = 'Customer table'.

lds_return-message_v2 = customerid.

MESSAGE s002(MESSEGE CLASS) WITH space space

INTO gdf_message_dummy .

CALL FUNCTION 'BALW_BAPIRETURN_GET1'

EXPORTING

type = 'E'

cl = 'MESSEGE CLASS'

number = '002'

par1 = lds_return-message_v1

par2 = lds_return-message_v2

IMPORTING

bapireturn = lds_return.

MOVE-CORRESPONDING lds_return TO return.

EXIT.

In this messege class we can create as many messeges as we want, and simple call the messege number..in this case s002 is the messege number.

I hope this will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Karthick

Answers (0)