Did you mean: 

sending SOAP request from XI and writing a scheduler for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear XI Experts,

My scenario is as follows.

We have two landscapes

1) XI, R/3

2) Client System(Remote, Other than SAP)

Now we have to pull the data from client system using WSDL (There will be one method for pulling the data in the WSDL file). The WSDL is provided by the client. We are importing that WSDL as external definition in Integration Repository and implementing the scenario “SOAP to XI to RFC” and configuring it Integration Directory.

Remember the client will not send the data to XI. Only we have to pull the data as mentioned above.

Problems:-

(i) How to send SOAP request to the client using XI only?

(ii) How to write a scheduler for this?

please help us.

Thanks...

Praveen Gujjeti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My proposition looks like that. in R/3 you have scheduled RFC call in some program. This RFC calls XI and XI is calling using SOAP adapter your client. Then response go back to your RFC and you can handle this data.

Please check this blog:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Regards,

Wojciech

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ur Suggestion

"My proposition looks like that. in R/3 you have scheduled RFC call in some program. This RFC calls XI and XI is calling using SOAP adapter your client. Then response go back to your RFC and you can handle this data."

As you mentioned, I am not scheduling any RFC call in R/3. If you go through my first query u can find two points where I am having some doubts......

How to send SOAP request to the client using XI only? Is it possible to send a SOAP request from XI?

If so,

(ii) How to write a scheduler for this? So that it will invoke the webservice and get the data from client application(system)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

answered.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like pointed out, you need a mechanism to start porcess in XI. Maybe a dummy file adapter polling over a file directory picking the file can start the process or your R3 system can send some data to XI and then XI can initate the process to get data from the Webservice and so on.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhavesh,

Thanks for ur reply.

I am having a doubt with SOAP request. Is it possible to send a SOAP request from XI alone. If so How? Second point How to write scheduler for this scenario so

that it runs daily once. This scheduler should happen for ever without any manual

invocation.

Advance Thanks......

Praveen Gujjeti